Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   sick beta (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/sick-beta-9176/)

dr heckle 11-04-2007 05:40 PM

sick beta

hello everyone i have a siamese fighter that has been acting funny lately all he seems to do is build bubblenest after bubble nest he is is normaly ver soicable but has latlely been ignoring me and has gone right off food one of my friends said it may be breeding stress as i have never bred him is this what is wrong i should probably mention he is coming up on two years or so old is this the problem or is there somthing else please help !!!!!!!!! :(

Lupin 11-04-2007 05:53 PM

What are your water parameters? Size of tank? Tank mates? Tank maintenance regimen?

I moved your thread here.

dr heckle 11-04-2007 08:04 PM

hello me

MattD 11-04-2007 08:22 PM

So? What are your tank's stats?

Bubblenests are usually a sign of good health, but not all the time. Posting tanks specs and water parameters will really help us here. As far as the food goes, I'd say don't bother attempting to feed him for a day or two. It will prevent the water from spiking and will also give him extra incentive to eat next time you feed him. :idea:

dr heckle 11-06-2007 04:56 PM

sick betta tank specs

hello thank you for your reply he lives in a 36x26x30cm tank there is one plant in there with him it gets plenty of natural light during the day the water is about neutral as far as ph goes he gets fed a mix of specialy made beta food and normal commercial tropical fish food.
another thing that might be worth metioning is that i have a small tank containing a baby (by baby i mean only 7 months old) goldfish he likes scaring the goldfish every time it comes to the side of the tank facing his after awhile the goldfish caught on and now teases the beta.
any way his tank has a filter and a heater the heater is set to 24 degrees celcius (about 74 degrees farenhiet) his tank also has a lid with gaps at the back to allow for air circulation.
he has improved slightly in the last day or two but is still acting strange.
i will post a pic of him and his tank as soon as i can manage to take a good enough pic (dose anyone else have trouble with thier aquarium photos coming out blurry on the computer when they look fine on the camera :) )
me and neptune thank you (neptune is the betas name :? )

Lupin 11-06-2007 05:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend mixing bettas and goldfish altogether. They have very different temperature requirements.

I've merged your threads into one.

dr heckle 11-06-2007 05:07 PM

sick beta tank tank mates confusion

hello thank you for your concern about the goldfish but the gold fish is in a completely seperate tank to to the beta their tanks are just next to each other on the set of draws i have them on top of :( sorry i should probably been more clearer.
by the way how exactly did you put the two posts together im new to this internet forum thing and still dont realy know the basiscs.
thank you

Lupin 11-06-2007 05:11 PM

Re: sick beta tank tank mates confusion

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr heckle
hello thank you for your concern about the goldfish but the gold fish is in a completely seperate tank to to the beta their tanks are just next to each other on the set of draws i have them on top of :( sorry i should probably been more clearer.

Ahh..Thanks for clearing that up.:)
Quote:

by the way how exactly did you put the two posts together im new to this internet forum thing and still dont realy know the basiscs.
thank you
No, only a forum moderator can actually do it.

dr heckle 11-06-2007 05:32 PM

sick beta thanks

oh ok thanks for all your help