Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Yet another stocking question :D (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/yet-another-stocking-question-d-91312/)

diablo13 01-22-2012 05:28 PM

Yet another stocking question :D

Ok, hopefully this will be the last one. As some may know, I'm setting up a 29 gallon. I was thinking that my current one doesn't have enough movement, so I would switch things up a bit. Current, my 29 gallon has: 5 Zebra Danios, 3 Platies, 2 Neon Tetras, and 1 Bristlenosed Pleco. So, I was going to move the Neons to the 29 I'm setting up, and getting them 5 buddies. Also, to free up the filter, I decided to move the Pleco, too. So the new 29 gallons stocking will be: 7 Female Betta Splendens, 7 Neon Tetras, 8 Kerri Tetra/Black Neon Tetra, and 1 Bristlenosed Pleco. Not that it matters, but it will be well planted with a 280 GPH filter. So, anyway, I need to decide a new species for my current 29 gallon, the one with 5 Zebra Danios and 3 Platies. Im adding another danio, but I still need another schooling species. I like White Clouds, but it seems it would be on the edges of everyone's Params, although it could work. I like Paradise Fish, too, but are they too aggressive? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

-J

diablo13 01-22-2012 07:42 PM

Oh, and I nearly forgot, my pH is 7.5 and my hardness is between 4-6.5 dGH
Posted via Mobile Device

Byron 01-23-2012 01:33 PM

The Paradise Fish will likely be trouble, as noted in our profile.

diablo13 01-24-2012 06:50 PM

Sorry I haven't responded. Hmm, ok, so I guess that Wont work. Do you think White Clouds would work?
Posted via Mobile Device

Byron 01-24-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo13 (Post 962164)
Sorry I haven't responded. Hmm, ok, so I guess that Wont work. Do you think White Clouds would work?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. White Clouds need cooler temps than most "tropicals" so assuming room temp around 70F, and Zebra Danio are fine with this, and the platy too.

diablo13 01-24-2012 07:38 PM

Hmm.....my room temp is around 65 degrees, but the tank has a heater, so it should be fine. Thanks Byron!
Posted via Mobile Device

Byron 01-24-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo13 (Post 962203)
Hmm.....my room temp is around 65 degrees, but the tank has a heater, so it should be fine. Thanks Byron!
Posted via Mobile Device

For the sake of the platy, I would not go lower that 68F.

diablo13 01-24-2012 07:54 PM

Yes, I would've just let it be room temperature, if not for them. I guess they could be use to it, I accidentally raised them in cooler water :/ I though they could go lower. Eh, I'll still set it to 70 degrees. Thanks, again!
Posted via Mobile Device