Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Hello from west virginia!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/hello-west-virginia-91183/)

parrot fish 01-21-2012 09:51 AM

Hello from west virginia!!

Hello from west virginia..I thought i posted this once but i dont think it went through. I am going to make this one shorter. I have 4 parrot fish that i raised up as babies. (never want to do that again:roll:..)

I have a 10 gallon tank but will be getting a floor size when they get bigger. We also have a parrotlet bird, maltese dog, and outside cat.

When i bought the 2 parrot fish at the pet store they said they were very hard to breed or whatever they do.. lol

One month later wow!!!! what a mess. I had a yellow one, and a pink one. These are white with some pink in them.

If anyone knows much about these type of fish let me know. I do know you can not put other fish in with them, but i was thinking of a blue grab and one of the poop eaters.

I always had goldfish before and thought i would try tropical fish, wouldn't you know this would have happened to me:roll:..

The fish are doing fine and looking good. 2 of them are about one inch long and the other 2 are smaller.

I love this forum and know i am going to learn so much from it..

thanks so much for any info one can give.

willow 01-21-2012 12:06 PM

a hello and welcome is all i can offer as i don't know anything about your type of fish.

Byron 01-21-2012 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

It may help to narrow down the fish you have; are they parrot cichlids, like the one below?

Byron.

parrot fish 01-24-2012 07:14 AM

don't think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 958880)
Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

It may help to narrow down the fish you have; are they parrot cichlids, like the one below?

Byron.

Don't think they look like that byron. I had pale and female (which i didn't want they to have babies) but they did. The adults were pink and yellow where they had put dye into them i think they said.

I had 4 parrot fish to live and i kept them. They are doing fine. They have been with me since April and are not very big. I have 2 that are about an inch and 2 that are smaller.

Mine are parrot fish but don't seem to look exactly like yours.

onefish2fish 01-24-2012 08:13 AM

unfortunately dyed fish is a possibility. is there anyway you can post a picture?
if your thinking a pleco to eat poop it very much so doesnt, infact they produce a large amount of poop themselves.

welcome to the forum.

willow 01-24-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefish2fish (Post 961607)
if your thinking a pleco to eat poop it very much so doesnt,

yep..what he said. :-D