Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Howdy from Wisconsin! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/howdy-wisconsin-90927/)

musicman 01-18-2012 10:31 AM

Howdy from Wisconsin!

Hey Everyone,

I just signed up with the site yesterday. I was surfing around this site and it looked like a great place to hang my hat and meet some folks to chat with about fish and what not. I used to be really into the hobby but overtime got a bit too involved (9 tanks) so the hobby became more work than fun for me. Additionally life itself got busier so I could not care for the fish like I wanted to so I decided to get out of the hobby all together and sold everything I had. That was 6 years ago and I didnt think I would ever get back into it.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were out window shopping and decided to take our kiddos to a pet store to look at the fish and other animals just for fun. My two boys (3 years and 6 years) would not leave the fish department. I sat there with them showing them the types of fish I used have and they thought it was the coolest thing. I had a ball telling them about all the fish.

After a couple of days went by I kept thinking about going to that store and how the kids seemed so excited about the fish. That interest really lit a spark in me to get back into the hobby once again. So..time to buy a new tank and take the plunge so to speak. My wife was excited to hear that I wanted to get another tank. She always loved the fish...just not helping to care for them LOL!

I am now in process of figuring out what I want to do this time. This is the real fun part for me. I never ran a community tank. I always had chiclids or salt fish only tanks. At first I was thinking about getting just a small 16 gallon half moon tank. Then as I started thinking things through I realized I wont be happy unless I get into at least a 75-90 gallon tank lol. Three groups of small schooling fish and a couple center piece fish would be pretty neat. Whatever I decide on I think it will be a lot of fun and I cant wait to get started.

Thats all I got for now. I cant wait to explore the forums more here and to get to know you all.

Take care and thanks for a cool place to hang around. :)

willow 01-18-2012 03:50 PM

hello and welcome to you and your family.
i hope you find all you're looking for around here,
and as you've already had you feet in the water so to speak,not much has changed
in the few years you've been away,so the bigger the tank the more viewing :-D space for
you all to sit round and enjoy.
keep us posted what you're doing and pictures are always welcomed. :-D

Romad 01-19-2012 04:46 AM

Hi musicman :wave:

Welcome to TFK. What a great way to get your hobby kick started again. Your kids will love a large tank like that with some colorful active fish.

Keep us posted on your journey.

musicman 01-19-2012 08:12 PM

Thanks! I am getting my aquarium tomorrow. I will make a post with some pics and all that after we get it going. I changed my mind on the aquarium size once again. Sort of funny how it happened but long story short... The fella I sold my old aquarium to before never set it up and asked if I wanted it back lol! SO...120 gallons of fun here I come lol!

SeaHorse 01-19-2012 08:20 PM

120 gallons of jealousy!! LOL Welcome to TFK from Ontario!! :lol:

willow 01-20-2012 01:31 PM

look forward to the pictures then. :-D