Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Fish in 1.5 gallon tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/fish-1-5-gallon-tank-90725/)

zacheyp 01-15-2012 11:55 PM

Fish in 1.5 gallon tank

Hi guys i saw this tank online and it really intrigues me. What type of fish (and inverts)could i keep? thanks

zacheyp 01-16-2012 12:21 AM

I realized I posted this in the wrong forum, could a moderator move it?
Posted via Mobile Device

zacheyp 01-16-2012 07:21 AM

would a few snails and a betta work?

BobtheSnail 01-16-2012 07:39 AM

First of all- you usually only want one snail at a time (at least for smaller tanks), because they reproduce very quickly.

Second- Contrary to popular belief, a 1.5 gallon tank is not suitable for any fish. Sadly, they exist only to make money for their creators. Bettas should have about 5 gallons.

Snails are pretty cool... you could get a nice snail on Aquabid.com (ebay for fish people), or you could get shrimp, which I hear are pretty awesome.

SeaHorse 01-16-2012 07:41 AM

Some people use this size tank for one Betta but it must have a heater and a filter. Mine had his own 10 gal to himself. Some Betta keepers would take a 10g and divide it in half or 3. There are mixed opinions in here but we really should get the biggest tank we can afford with the most space possible.
I have used this size for a temp hospital tank...

onefish2fish 01-16-2012 07:54 AM

usuaully the standard 5 gallon is cheaper ( or just as much ) as some of these 1 gallon tanks. you could prob. also find a 10 gallon for cheap or close to nothing on your local craigslist. if i already had this tank i personally would use it for plants and shrimp.

zacheyp 01-16-2012 08:30 AM

I really like that setup, could I keep a guppy
Posted via Mobile Device

zacheyp 01-16-2012 09:31 AM

here is the tank i like

angella 01-16-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacheyp (Post 952539)

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure any fish in that tank would be inhumane :cry: Unless I read incorrectly, it's one and a half QUARTS... So like a little over a quarter of a gallon...

Cool concept though. I think it would be cooler if the LCD screen had temp, chemical, and filtration readings as well as monitoring water parameters. One of those on a bigger tank would be awesome :p And like if you could set the time for lights and everything haha.

onefish2fish 01-16-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angella (Post 952658)
I think it would be cooler if the LCD screen had temp, chemical, and filtration readings as well as monitoring water parameters. One of those on a bigger tank would be awesome :p And like if you could set the time for lights and everything haha.

they do make and sell little controllers like that.