Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
- - Peppered Cory Question (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/peppered-cory-question-89986/)
Peppered Cory Question
Hello guys. I wonder if theres a chance that a cory cant easily or struggling to reach the surface of the tank to gulp some air?
Well, my 5 cory seems to be experiencing that. My tank is a 30inches in length. But, my water is in just 25 or 24 inches. Can you help me guys? But, sometimes, they manage to gulp air. They measure 1 inch all of them.
A lot of times, my peppered corys will swim up and down the tank sides. They don't often break the surface. Corys don't need to gulp air frrequently, but they will do it occasionally and more often if tank O2 levels are low. If I remember correctly, corys will gulp air to regulate their swim bladders and to help survive in lower O2 water. It's NOT something they regularly do like a Betta would.
My Peppered Cory's are fine now. And they are all doing fine. :-D
I've got few new questions:
- Is there a behaviour of cory when they suddenly stop moving like a dead fish then suddenly move again like normal food sniffing cory?
- Are the eggs of the cory can be also found in the Tank Glass? And has a size of a sesamee seed? I know its not from my Guppies because, they are live bearers. And Guppies and Cories are the only fish in my community tank.
Sorry for double posting but, i've notice this cool looking catfish. Its the Upside Down Catfish.
- I wonder if its good to add in my community fish consist of guppies and cories.
- does it feed on normal dry food like the cories?
- whats the average number of this species to be kept. Is it okay if I can keep 1 only? :lol:
- is it aggresive or peaceful like cories?
On the Upside Down Catfish, I recommend you read out profile, the info you are looking for is contained there. Profiles are under the second tab from the left in the blue bar across the top of the page, but when a name is shaded in a post you can click on that for the profile. You'll find lots of info in the profiles.
The "eggs" might be cory. If you have five there could well be male/female mixed, the females a plumper (rounder) when viewed from above. You would probably notice spawning activity; one or more males will chase a female, and if she has a fertilized egg she carries it in her ventral fins and deposits it on a surface which can be a plant leaf, wood, tank glass, even filter stems. They will eat the eggs if they come across them, or the fry if they should hatch unless they have wood to hide under.
Cory behaviour is often confusing. They may race up and down the tank walls, sit motionless on a leaf or other surface, suddenly roll over as if they fainted; all of these can sometimes be indicative of water problems, but not always. I have more than 30 cory, 10-12 different species, in my 115g tank and the pandas will race up and down one wall almost every evening, and have done since I've had them (2 years); yet no other species does this.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.