Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   My 600 gallon Rainbow fish Community Tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/my-600-gallon-rainbow-fish-community-89958/)

Perchmonger 01-07-2012 01:00 PM

My 600 gallon Rainbow fish Community Tank

I am new to the tropical fish keeping website, but I have used it in the past to get info, so I decided to join and maybe share some the incite I may have gained over the years with those on tropical fish keeping site. My show tank is a large one with dimensions of 8Ft Long X 4Ft Tall X 3FT Deep well over 600 gallons and over 4000 lbs, with over a hundred Juvenile fish; Bosemani,Aru II,Madagascar, Parkinsoni, triasciata "Goyder river", Giant Danios,Tiger barbs, Albino Tiger barbs, A family of Magenta Mystery Snails;Etc. Having a great time!

You can view an eleven minute video of my tank on YouTube/ I hope you enjoy!:-)

zof 01-07-2012 05:14 PM

600 gallon thats a monster, very nice looking and all the fish look very active and happy, nice tank!

Perchmonger 01-07-2012 09:38 PM

Thanks ZOF!

jeaninel 01-07-2012 10:57 PM

Very nice! With it being 4 ft tall isn't maintenance a bit of a pain?

Perchmonger 01-07-2012 11:17 PM

Thank you; I use a ladder and I climb in to do plant maintenance, and all my maint. equipment is 3ft long. I do get some exercise periodically.

Romad 01-08-2012 07:08 AM

Awesome!! Thank you for sharing and welcome to TFK.

bigfish93 01-08-2012 09:52 AM

You climb into the tank with all those fish and do plant maintance?! That is so awesome! I wish I had a tank big enough to do that.

GwenInNM 01-08-2012 10:01 AM

It's so beautiful! Wow, what fun to have such a tank. Is the second half on the tank not lit? It looks like it goes to a darker section.

Gwen

Perchmonger 01-08-2012 10:41 AM

I do 75% water change each month and when I do it I climb in and clean the acrylic walls, add substrate fertilizer, do my plant maintenance and the fish nibble at my legs while I do it; it feels scary at first then it feels pretty good. I have a ball. The dark areas are wide open and the fish go there daily and hover and go into the driftwood. I am going to add more anubias and java ferns and other low-light plants at the boundary areas as soon as they arrive and then I will video them for you guys. Thanks

Perchmonger 03-13-2012 04:19 PM

600 Gallon Rainbow & Red Torpedo Barb Community tank REVISITED

Ive added 24 new inhabitants; Red Torpedo Barb (Puntius denisonii),12 babies and 12 juveniles having a ball, and adding more diversity to a tank with; Bosemani, trifasciata, Glossolepis incisus, Madagascar, Parkinsoni, "Goyder river", Giant Danios,Tiger barbs, Albino Tiger barbs, green barbs, A family of Magenta Mystery Snails; all living the dream.:lol: