Tropical Fish Keeping banner

java moss

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  herefishy 
#1 ·
Why does my java moss look like this than having that vibrant green color?

It is in a 20 gallon tank with 15 wattz. The light bulb cannot be the problem due to java moss being said to grow even in the worst conditions and with the worst lighting. As the other plants in my tank are thriving.

Having looked at other pictures I think it is just dirty and I am going to wash it right now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mulm accumulating if that helps.

#4 ·
Yup, it's just a bit grubby, mine looked like that when i got it (it was a free throw in by the LFS, as it was a bit small and grubby) i gave it a good swill in tank water during a water change (just like i do with filter pads) and then bunged it in with the fish. The cories soon gave it a good clean, and it's now all shiny!

#6 ·
Java moss gets to looking the same in a couple of my tanks. When this happens, I get a small bucket, 1-2g, fil half waty with water and cleant by duknig it repeatedly until clean. Works for me. Also adding cories, flying foxes, or other similar fish have helped to erradicate the problem in other tanks. I also tend to watch the amount o food fed tot the fish in these tanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.