Guppies Tank Mate Help!
Hello guys. Im new to fish breeding. My Dad bought me a 25gallon tall aquarium and I was planning on putting a 3 females and 4 males guppy and atleast 3 dwarf cory's in my community tank. I was planning on putting a rock formation or a cave in the aquarium and some long plants mix with it.
- Will the 4 males be satisfied in the 3 females?
- Wiill the guppies hurt the cory's or vice versa?
- Some articles say that angelfish is compatible with guppy while some are not, is this true?
- And any more fish suggestion on adding in my future community tank?
Thanks guys! Goodday.
1) You should have at least 2 female guppies for each male guppy because otherwise the males will fight & they will chase the females until they die.
2) The guppies won't hurt the cory's & the cory's won't hurt the guppies.
3) I have heard that they are compatible from other people, but I have not tried it.
Is that so. I've heard that guppies breed like there's no tomorrow that's why I thought that having less female will lessen that. I guess im wrong. Its better than having dead fishes anyway. So I guess ill stick to 2 females is to 1 male basis. Thanks.
And last question. It just pop's up in my mind. lol. Whats the maximum size of the cory's?
Yes, that is so. I think the maximum size of the dwarf cory is about 1.5". I'm not exactly sure on that, but it is pretty close.
Okay. Thanks for the answers. :D
Your Welcome!! :-D
Hello guys. Sorry for bumping on this thread again.. I have another question and I dont want to make another thread for this simple question. lol.
- I would like to know a safe tank mate for my guppies in a 25g Tall Community Aquarium. I've already decided to put 4 female and 2 male guppies in there and maybe 3 corries in my aquarium. But, I want other species in there too. Im new to this hobby, so maybe you can give me some idea on some beginner fish( besides mollies, tetras, platies, endlers ) that can co exist with my guppies and corrys.
There are several types of algae eaters that can coexist with guppies & corries. Angelfish are another type that I have heard from people that are good tank mates.
Here are some others:
Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid
Red Tail Shark
If you do something like an angel fish dont expect there to be any guppy babies swimming around to long. They eat anything they can fit in their mouths as most fish do.
- About the Angel fish, is there an angel fish that do not grow more than 3 inches? Maybe I'll get them when my guppies are plenty enough, and use the angel fish to feed on the fry to prevent over crowding. :|
*EDIT* I've seen the kuhli loach on the Tropical Fish Profile. It said that it will grow 4-5 inches. :( I'll skip kuhli loach now.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.