Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   10 Gallon Planted DONE! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/10-gallon-planted-done-88940/)

BumbleBG 12-27-2011 12:29 PM

10 Gallon Planted DONE!

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got it the way I wanted it. :) Wanted to share the joy! Sorry for the poor phone pic quality.

CamryDS 12-27-2011 12:46 PM

I like it, really nice setup =)
I hope my 5 gallon turns out just as well in a few months, my plants are going through their melting phase at this time.

BumbleBG 12-27-2011 01:32 PM

Thanks! It took me awhile to get it where I wanted it; and then I tore down a 20 gallon and added some things from there. I think it came together nicely... This is my second try at doing a planted setup. The first time was in the 20 high and I knew nothing! It didn't end well, and I learned a lot from that mess... LOL

Jayy 12-27-2011 02:23 PM

Very nice!! Whats our stock?

BumbleBG 12-27-2011 02:40 PM

There are 11 Green Neons, 2 Julli Cories and a Male HM Betta. Oh and 1 zebra snail. Almost forgot about the speedster! There are a couple RC Shrimp, and a few ghost shrimp. I put the small ghost shrimp in there to grow out a bit before they meet my Ghost Knife...:twisted:

Jayy 12-27-2011 02:46 PM

Sounds nice.

BumbleBG 12-27-2011 03:06 PM

Thank goodness, I was a bit worried about overstocking. I asked for 7 of the green neons but my LFS threw in the others cause that was the last of them. I have the tank HEAVILY planted and has been doing great!

angella 12-27-2011 03:09 PM

Wow! Your 10g is GORGEOUS. Makes me want one, I doubt my 55gal will be anywhere near that great when I get it done, but I hope so.
With the fish you stocked that's like a paradise haha.

What substrate is that?

BumbleBG 12-27-2011 03:29 PM

Thanks for the compliments! I have gravel, eco complete and some sand to soften the sharp edges of the eco complete.
I'm jealous of the big tanks, I want one so bad but fear the day I have to move it:shock:, since I live in an apt... It will happen sooner or later.
I'm sure you can get yours growing beautifully too, just fertilize the crap out of it. I live by water changes, root tabs and flourish excell. :-D

angella 12-27-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumbleBG (Post 931318)
Thanks for the compliments! I have gravel, eco complete and some sand to soften the sharp edges of the eco complete.
I'm jealous of the big tanks, I want one so bad but fear the day I have to move it:shock:, since I live in an apt... It will happen sooner or later.
I'm sure you can get yours growing beautifully too, just fertilize the crap out of it. I live by water changes, root tabs and flourish excell. :-D

Ahh that's cool! I just have gravel. And I know what you mean. When I go to college in two years I will dread mom killing it D: I might have to come back every weekend to change the water and such, only letting her feed them xD

And thank you :-)