Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   Aqueon Pro heaters? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/aqueon-pro-heaters-88838/)

Jayy 12-26-2011 11:54 AM

Aqueon Pro heaters?

My AGA heater is not working right for some reason( 72 is not 77):roll: and I need a new heater. from some looking around the Aqueon pro seems best,but I've seen some mixed reviews. The Petco reviews love it and the petsmart reviews knock it. So since I 'm part of a fish website it only made since to come here. Also which would be better a 150 or 200 watt.

Aqueon Pro Heaters Submersible Aquarium Heaters at PETCO

thekoimaiden 12-26-2011 01:46 PM

I have an Aqueon Pro in my 29 gal. It hasn't given me any trouble, and I really like how it doesn't stick up as much as some others do. I have it sitting next to my filter intake, and I didn't even have to cut any more from my hood to place it in.

The way you determine the wattage is 1) by tank size and 2) by how many degrees above room temp will the tank be heated. If you have a cold house, you might want the 200w.

Jayy 12-26-2011 01:53 PM

Thanks, the 150 seems to be best for me, my house stays pretty warm.

DKRST 12-29-2011 08:57 PM

Have two and really like them. Much smaller and less visible than my Eheim and hold the temps just as well

Jayy 12-29-2011 09:24 PM

Ok, thanks for the input.

Nubster 12-30-2011 09:38 PM

My Ebo Jagers have been solid running heaters for years. I also have a couple Eheims that have performed well too.

Zorse 12-31-2011 07:43 AM

Out of all my heaters I like my Aqueon Pro the best. Had to set it once and haven't had to mess with it since, and the look of it allows it to blend in pretty well. It also turns off when the water goes down for water change which is my favorite part. Don't like my Eheims because although they're supposed to turn off they don't.

Jayy 12-31-2011 12:07 PM

Thank you both, going to pick up my heater next weekend along with some plants.

chevysoldier 12-31-2011 02:22 PM

I have an Aqueon Pro in my 55 gallon. It's been up for about a month and no major issues. Holds the temps steady. Only issue I had was when I first put it it, it would click while it was heating. It's sits horizaontal at a slight angle. I jiggle it a little bit and hasn't clicked yet. Not sure why it did that.

AbbeysDad 01-03-2012 12:45 PM

I have two of these Aqueon Pro heaters in my 60g, a 200w and a 250w. They both work great. I like the green light/red light indicators so I can see them cycle. I have two for redundancy. With two set very close, both sortof work only half as much and in the event one fails, the other will hold the tank temperature fine. (DKRST 'talked' me into adding the second heater in an old post).