The invincible fish!
Today while doing a water change in my 2 foot tank i accidentally took my Kuhli Loach out of the water because he was in some drift wood that i had taken out of the tank even though i was shaking it for 2 minute's and then looked all over it for fish. Then when i found out that it was missing out of my tank i started to worry and then looked near the drift wood that has been out of water for 25 minute's and it was there and i said to myself that it is dead for sure so i picked it up and it started moving and then i put it in my tank and it was swimming like nothing had happened to it and still is! :D
You also have kuhli loach.:shock2:
Welcome to the Club, BN.:thumbsup:
Better submit photos in Loaches Photos in Freshwater Pictures and Videos section.:mrgreen:
Now, that puts Kate, Tophat, Joeshmoe, you and me as kuhli keepers.:devil:
Good news that your kuhli managed to survive. As long as fish are damp, then they still have a chance.:)
Glad to hear that he was ok.
I almost did that with one of my plecos the other week, fortunately just as I was about to put the rock ornament on the floor I noticed that he was still attached to the side of it.
five years ago my dad had a common pleco that was in a 55 gallon cichlid community and my cat got too curious... dads pleco liked to go up by the filter and my cat liked to sit on the tank by the filter opening. one night my cat decided to go fishing. when i woke up in the morning i found my dads pleco on the livingroom floor. so i woke him up... cuz i didnt know what to do and was scared of that fish at the time (it was big and it grossed me out) so he said it was dead and went to pick it up and it started flopping around! he scooped some water out of the fishtank in a large bowl and put the pleco in there, its fins were severely damaged and it was missing an eye... he put it back in the tank and with some medication and tlc it was back to normal in a month (except for having one eye)... needless to say we covered the opening around the filter. its amazing what some fish can survive!
:omg: :omg: :omg: :blink: :shock2: :BIGsurprise:
One of my mates has had a BN live out of water for 3 days!and i am the proud owner of him now!
Interesting storys everyone.
Funnily enough, the same thing happened to me yesterday as happened to bristlenose in the first post in this thread.
I had stripped down the tank to replant, and had my rock caves on a bin-liner on the floor beside the tank. I hecked them all prior to putting them on the floor, but as I was cleaning the sand in the tank noticed that I was one kuhlie short.
I checked again inside the rock caves, and there he was, just inside the lip at the bottom of the cave. Fortunately there was still a tiny bit of water in it, which must have been just enough to keep him going. He was out of the tank for approx half and hour. When I put him back in his colour was very faded, but he soon regained it and is fine now :)
That has happened to me on several occassions.
On the last occassion my khuli was in a plant i took out and set on one of my glass tops while i cleaned i look down and there he is wigglin si i just sort of slipped him back in and he was fine. On another occassion i pulled out a cave and didn't see the plec in it. It was only after i saw my daughter and dog actin funny on the floor next to me did i see my dog tossin him around. Then i lost one of my favorite fish my dojos when he jumped out early one morn and i didn't find him till much later in a stack of card board boxes near my tank. I tried to put him back in but he went into shock, fins streaked with blood and barbels all curled up. I was soo sad since they were a delight to watch now i only have the smaller one left.
my clown loaches used to do that all the time intill they got way to big for the little cave thingy
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2