Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Plants... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/plants-8755/)

Cashay 10-12-2007 07:33 AM

Plants...

Could anyone tell me what kind of live plant you would use? I've heard peace lily's is that right or are there other suggestions that work better?

Lupin 10-12-2007 07:39 AM

Re: Plants...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashay
Could anyone tell me what kind of live plant you would use? I've heard peace lily's is that right or are there other suggestions that work better?

What size is the tank, Sherry? What fish are in it? Also, how much watts do your lighting have? Elodeas, hornworts, vallisnerias, Java moss, Nymphaea lotus and Cabomba are a few I can mention quite easy to grow.8)

Cashay 10-12-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:

What size is the tank, Sherry? What fish are in it? Also, how much watts do your lighting have? Elodeas, hornworts, vallisnerias, Java moss, Nymphaea lotus and Cabomba are a few I can mention quite easy to grow.8)

Well I haven't ventured out that far yet. to have a lot of fish. I'm new with the fish thing.. I have one betta in a big vase, with just rocks, I have a desk lamp that is close to the vase which is keeping it pretty toasty... he seems happy just lonely and bored..

mgamer20o0 10-12-2007 07:43 PM

get it a 5 gal tank with a little heater and filter. add a power compact screw in bulb over the top. you will be able to have a nice little jungle and the betta will sure like the space.

Cashay 10-24-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:

Hey thanks for the names of plants! I wouldn't have known what to look for , I actually went and got a Melon Sword, He seems very Happy now, But I think I have created a monster.. heheh He never seemed like he would react when I got close to the tank before Now since he has stuff in his home to be proud of or protect :wink: He bucks at me as soon as I sit down in my chair next to him.... :) Which brings me to a question.... when they flare up to fight, those things that hang from the bottom of his chin.. are they suppose to flare too? his just hangs