Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Bears Salty Return.... The log

11K views 61 replies 10 participants last post by  willow 
#1 ·
12/1/11 the build officially began !!! this will be my log of events as i go and pix will come in time.. for now here is :

The Plan:
30 Breeder
AIO concept (overflow box with filter floss and a return pump built in and be the source of flow)
285PGH pump for return /flow

Lights are
2x 2 bulb T5 fixtures running 10k and true blue actinics (bulbs may change later)

looking at about 20-25 pound of dry rock and 5-8 pounds of live to seed tank
debating on CC or Aragonite for sand .... it will be seeded from rock....

Projected stock ideas

~10 crabs (red and blue hermits)
~10-20 snails

Zoa's
Hammer or frog spawn not sure which yet
Mushrooms

Macros of various types

still debating fish at this time considering onyx clowns...

Lights are
2x 2 bulb T5 fixtures running 10k and true blue actinics (bulbs may change later)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

as of this post the hard ware is all most all set up (just need the pump hoping this week end)
last night (actually 12/1/11) a gentleman gave me a bucket of saltwater and between 5-8 pounds of live rubble to start me off. it is now in a 5 gallon tank with a power head and heater...
got looking at everything in there and there is quite a bit of life in there already and even a coral i am not sur if the guy knew was on the rock!

since this is the case i am treating the rock tank like i would an actual tank and running my lights over it for 6-8 hours per day.

the rest of this build is pending either the sale of my 55 gallon tank (hopefully today) or a bonus i am anticipating in the next 2 weeks..

See less See more
#61 ·
not at all the both try to get into every shot and if i did not keep moving they would have stayed right in front of me LOL... i have had plenty of fish in the past but never with such personality!!

and i know i have said this before and will say it over and over again. i love doing this tank.. i swear EVERY single time i look into this tank i find something new... it never stops i love it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.