Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (
-   -   Yellow medication? (

twoinchina 10-07-2007 07:36 PM

Yellow medication?

We live in China, so most fish care products here we don't even know what they are called in English, however, all the websites use either English or Latin names for medication they advise the fish fans to use on their fish.

I was wondering if any of you might know what an intensely yellow powder meidcation is called.

It gives water a yellow tint when added to the tank water for treatment purposes, cures fin rot, scales issues, bites, cuts (worked for us on those), different bacterial ailments and dropsy (haven't tried it for that one, but the LFS said it does).

Does anybody have any idea what it is?

jim21 10-07-2007 09:25 PM

The last medication I used that turned the water yellow was Furan II.

You may want to google that and see if it is what you are looking for.

Hope that helps,

bettababy 10-07-2007 11:13 PM

It sounds to me like Nitrafurazone... might want to check that one out, too.

Lupin 10-07-2007 11:18 PM

Here is the thread where the picture of the medicine can be found.:) I think I've seen that package before. Furan would be my guess.

All future responses regarding the medicine should be maintained here. I might have to edit the other thread to prevent any confusion between traffic.

twoinchina 10-07-2007 11:18 PM

Looks like it
Yes, looks like that's the one, same color, same effects.

Thanks a lot
Now I know what I'm using.

Any known side effects?

jim21 10-07-2007 11:28 PM

If it is Furan II, I have seen no side effects. I always follow the exact directions for dosage amount, carbon removal, and water changes and have had good results using it.

Hope that helps,

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2