Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   fishes dying!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/fishes-dying-86801/)

hamdegr8 11-27-2011 09:24 AM

fishes dying!!!!

i have a 25 gallons aquarium....recently many of my fishs have died due to unknown reason the fishs to die were 1 siamese fighting fish,3 comets, 2 anglefishes nd 2 pearl danio.......i am desperate for help plz tell me what to do.......:-(

mileshs95 11-27-2011 09:33 AM

The fighting fish (betta) is a very aggressive fish and shouldn't be kept with other aggressive fish. The angelfish are also semi-aggressive and my guess is all your fish killed each other

MinaMinaMina 11-27-2011 12:29 PM

As said, there may have been some aggression issues. There may also be other issues. Angelfish grow way too big for this tank, as does the Comet Goldfish. Goldfish cannot live in the same temperatures as the tropical fish. The Angelfish and Goldfish have a big bioload and may have been producing too much waste for such a small space, producing spikes in the nitrogen cycle.

What are all the inhabitants in the tank?
Is the tank planted? How many? What kinds?
What are your readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, temperature, hardness?
When was the tank set up? How did you cycle it?
What kind of water conditioner do you use?
How often do you do water changes? How much do you change? Do you vacuum?

Hopefully with more information we can help you out.

donald22 11-27-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamdegr8 (Post 904339)
i have a 25 gallons aquarium....recently many of my fishs have died due to unknown reason the fishs to die were 1 siamese fighting fish,3 comets, 2 anglefishes nd 2 pearl danio.......i am desperate for help plz tell me what to do.......:-(

It would also be handy to know which fish have died and which fish are still alive?

hamdegr8 11-28-2011 09:52 AM

i have just started keeping fishes about 2 weeks ago....
only plastic plants in kept in my aquarium
the readings are all normal

can anyone tel me out of below listed fishes which should i keep cuz only these fishes are available in my near by shop....
i)comets
ii)angelfish
iii)danio
iv)siamese fighting fish
v)guppies

magpie 11-28-2011 03:02 PM

What readings did you take?

If you tell us what your water parameters are we can help you more. What temperature, pH, hardness?

Did you treat the water with anything to treat the chlorine before putting the fish in?

Are there no other shops in a reasonable driving distance? That's not many fish to choose from. How healthy do the fish look in that shop?