Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Blood Parrots & Rainbow Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/blood-parrots-rainbow-fish-86786/)

Ganesh 11-27-2011 12:21 AM

Blood Parrots & Rainbow Fish
 
Hey All,

Hi I have got Blood parrots and Rainbpw fish in 30 Gallon Aquarium.. Can anyone help me to have some possible Tank mates for these fishes....


Ganesh :-)

GwenInNM 11-27-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganesh (Post 904132)
Hey All,

Hi I have got Blood parrots and Rainbpw fish in 30 Gallon Aquarium.. Can anyone help me to have some possible Tank mates for these fishes....


Ganesh :-)


Welcome Ganesh! I'm sure you'll find the site helpful. I hate to say this, and I think many here will agree, but a 30 gal is already to small for Rainbow fish. I believe a Blood parrot is a cichlid? They get very large, if I'm not wrong. Putting that type of cichlid with rainbow fish, seems like a poor match, IMO. See what others say here.

What type of Rainbows are they, and how many do you have? They are fish that need to be kept in a group of at least 5.

Gwen

Inga 11-27-2011 09:06 AM

At one point I considered getting a blood parrot but I was intending it to go in my 60 gallon tank and realized that the tank was too small for a blood parrot. Will you be getting a much larger tank to re-home them into? At this stage, I wouldn't add any more fish as you are already over capacity.

Ganesh 11-29-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 904299)
At one point I considered getting a blood parrot but I was intending it to go in my 60 gallon tank and realized that the tank was too small for a blood parrot. Will you be getting a much larger tank to re-home them into? At this stage, I wouldn't add any more fish as you are already over capacity.


Ok !!! Thanks for your information !!!

Ganesh 11-29-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwenInNM (Post 904295)

Welcome Ganesh! I'm sure you'll find the site helpful. I hate to say this, and I think many here will agree, but a 30 gal is already to small for Rainbow fish. I believe a Blood parrot is a cichlid? They get very large, if I'm not wrong. Putting that type of cichlid with rainbow fish, seems like a poor match, IMO. See what others say here.

What type of Rainbows are they, and how many do you have? They are fish that need to be kept in a group of at least 5.

Gwen


Ok !!! Thanks for your information !!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2