5 year old 29g converted to low-tech planted
The story behind the transition can be found in this thread http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...planted-86216/
As I said in the other thread I think its looking good. I couldn't help but notice the clown loach and wanted to mention that he needs a much bigger tank and they need to be in groups. If someone has already told you and you have plans for a bigger tank or for rehomeing him forgive me I must have missed it some how. ; )
I know, I'm just as concerned. He is in a pair though, I adopted 2 of them from someone tearing down there tank who was just going to "throw them out" I couldn't let that happen. I checked with the LFS and they said they "have no room" which is BS. Petco said they would take them but I'm trying to find them a good home before I send them there (at least in the interim they will probably be happier in mine than crammed in the petstore tank.) I have a thread in classifieds trying to find them a good home with a much larger tank. Till then they are keeping my Cory's company and rearranging my substrate lol
Ok then its good to know you are on top of it. ; )
Here's a link to a video I shot this morning. Please excuse the very poor camera work and 'Dora saving the enchanted forest' in the background lol
29 Gallon Community Planted - YouTube
Found a good home for the two clown loaches, stocked some Rasora and Tetra, found 2 more green emeralds and got some new plants today (Micro Sword, Argentine Sword, and a Crypt) Did some new aquascaping, now to sit back and let it grow in.
That's looking good! Everything should fill out nicely I think good job!
Here is a shot of the tank last weekend. Lot different :-) always changing/evolving
How did the microsword fair? I have some in a 10 gallon, it isn't doing much of anything but growing algae on its leaves.
It's still in there behind the crypt and in front of the sword in the center. It's alive, not doing much growing though, started to sprout a runner but then decided it was too much work and gave up. The Sagittaria (still not 100% on that ID) has sprouted 14 visible runners. When I first noticed them there was about 5 runners I cut 3 of them off once they had 3 good leaves on each, thinking I would control the spreading. I planted them in the front right with a single clipping of the Bacopa. You can see in the picture how small they are, they have about 5-6 leaves each right now (sorry pic quality on that one sucks). It was after that it must of got pissed off because it started shooting runners EVERYWHERE. The momma plants are behind the driftwood and the runners go all the way to the sponge filter. Not sure why I planted them behind the wood, I guess hoping they would get taller (they didn't) all you can see in that pic is the tips of the 'momma plants' but if you look from the side it is a pure carpet back there. The catfish love playing in it with the shrimp.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.