Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
-   -   Watching hatching!! Corydoras trilineatus (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/watching-hatching-corydoras-trilineatus-86276/)

Bluebirdnanny 11-19-2011 08:48 AM

Watching hatching!! Corydoras trilineatus

Already had ten or more 3+ fry in tank finally big enough to see. I transfered more eggs from parent tank to fry tank on bottom.

Today I came in from hunting for freezer meat and laid on floor with coffee...
Noticed three of the five eggs on wall were gone and one had a "hair" sticking above it..... as I watched I saw the whole thing shake!!!! Then with a fourth wiggle the fry "popped" its' body above the egg case and fell to the sand!!!!!! Rested a few them squirmed and 'jerked' to cover!!!

So cool after coming in from the cold and seeing the new cory hatch!!!!!!!

Looked up to parent tank to tell "mommy" "you have another survivor" and saw a wiggle up there!
Noticed the egg I had missed on the wall (they always lay on plants) looked like the one I saw hatch. Sat up to watch... confirmed fry there only to see a guppy adolescent have a snack!!!!!

Well I have saved the others at least!!! Should have 15 in the 10 gallon to grow out! Just getting big enough to see with just my glasses and five or more new wigglers in there somewhere!!!!!

Romad 11-20-2011 07:17 AM

How exciting! Please post some pics. when they're big enough to see.

Good luck with them.

SeaHorse 11-20-2011 06:56 PM

yes that's so exciting!! Baby Cory's? OMG cute. Would love to see that!!

Bluebirdnanny 11-21-2011 10:48 AM

only pict came out

and it is barely where can see it!
/Users/mom/Desktop/DSCF0007.JPG
But then they have spaces to hide in there.
Here also is mom & dad tank that sits right above theirs.
/Users/mom/Desktop/Corybreed.JPG

Romad 11-21-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebirdnanny (Post 899085)

No pics here, just the path names :(

Bluebirdnanny 11-21-2011 11:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebirdnanny (Post 899085)

OOOpppsss Picture upload redo:

One of the oldest. But then they have spaces to hide in there as well as gravel mixed in back they clean and hide between.
And a photo of Swartz between what became mom and dad pair. That corner is now filled with plants as you can see from the 'breed tank' which is parent and guppy tank.

SeaHorse 11-21-2011 07:34 PM

Thank you for the pics!!

Bluebirdnanny 11-30-2011 09:02 PM

Prolific Breeder Pair!!!! What is my next step?

And then today they laid again!!! I transfered about 12 more eggs to the fry tank. The others are either well hidden or got eaten by other tank mates (guppies) as they were being laid! Poor Cories... me rolling eggs onto my finger to transfer or tank mates (and no way they were hungry either!!!) snacking within minutes.

Now to keep them all healthy until I decide who I keep and who goes to sale.

How early can I tell male and female? One is either oldest or a female.... very broad compared to another the same size/age.

Uh.. how many and of what size can a ten gallon hold? When are they too many or too large for that tank size? I think they average at about 10 per age group.

Bluebirdnanny 12-22-2011 06:26 PM

The first three were moved up to the parent tank today!!! Mom and dad must know as they herded them into their flower pot and then bared the entrance!!! Then pushed some of the pellets food into the pot... normally they put it in the base of the plants nearby! MMMMM could this be parental instincts after 6 weeks????