Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Some changes (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/some-changes-85651/)

lionhead 11-09-2011 07:46 PM

Some changes
 
4 Attachment(s)
Worked on my tanks today, changes a few things in the 29, Pulled a full bag of plants an moss from my 75. The large bag of plants is given away.

Calmwaters 11-09-2011 08:23 PM

Llooks awesome! I really like the last tank.

1077 11-10-2011 02:43 AM

Impressive.8-)

gouramiowner1 11-25-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionhead (Post 889277)
Worked on my tanks today, changes a few things in the 29, Pulled a full bag of plants an moss from my 75. The large bag of plants is given away.

And I have no plants in my tank at all because the placs and gouramis ate all of them. What could you suggest me? I have a problem to grow the plants in aquarium- they are too delicious for the inhabitants.:oops:

Calmwaters 11-25-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gouramiowner1 (Post 902661)
And I have no plants in my tank at all because the placs and gouramis ate all of them. What could you suggest me? I have a problem to grow the plants in aquarium- they are too delicious for the inhabitants.:oops:

You could try Java Fern, Anacharis, Hornwort, and thick leaved anubias. Alot of fish that like to eat plants will not eat these because of the taste or texture of the leaves.

gouramiowner1 11-25-2011 06:11 PM

Do petstores have those plants or they have to be ordered on line?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calmwaters (Post 902690)
You could try Java Fern, Anacharis, Hornwort, and thick leaved anubias. Alot of fish that like to eat plants will not eat these because of the taste or texture of the leaves.

Thank you. I will try. Should I buy those plants on line (what site is the most recommended?) or in pet store? Do they have those plants in pet stores?http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/i...cons/icon5.gif

Calmwaters 11-25-2011 06:23 PM

Some stores have them and some do not or you can buy them on line. I like mikeswetpets on aquabid.com, theplantedtank.com, sweetaquatics.com, and aquariumplants.com. Theplantedtank.com I think is haveing issues with the website tiday, I have tried a couple times during the day to go there and keep getting an error message. Sweetaquatics use to be my favorite because of the good prices but that was before I found Mikeswetpets on aquabid his plants are a good price and are really nice and he does not charge an arem and a leg for shipping.

Jayy 11-26-2011 11:48 AM

What kinds of plants do you have in your 75.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2