Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Omg!!!! Ouch!!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/omg-ouch-85569/)

Boredomb 11-08-2011 01:27 PM

Omg!!!! Ouch!!!!!

So today I went to the dentist. I have neglected my teeth for a long time to the point where they are really bad and need to come out and have dentures put in. So today they pulled all my top teeth expect 4 of them. I just got back from there. Let me tell ya that crap hurts like CRAZY!!!!! Plus the bleeding won't stop. So my wife is off to get some tea bags and I hope that work or back to the dentist I go.

I am on here for a distraction because the pain meds are wearing off and my prescription hasn't been filled yet. Grrrrrr. I am soo stupid for letting it get this bad!!!

Calmwaters 11-08-2011 01:33 PM

Ouch! I need to have two root canals done but have not because I have no insurance and it would be $2500 a piece to get them done. I am going to wait until I move to Mexico and then go to my familys dentist there and get it done for less than half what it would be here.
I hope you feel better soon.

Boredomb 11-08-2011 01:37 PM

It hurts really bad!! About in tears here its hurts that bad.

Romad 11-08-2011 01:40 PM

OMG :shock: I'm so sorry.

Romad makes big mental note to call the dentist.......

Calmwaters 11-08-2011 01:43 PM

Would it not have been less painful to do a few at a time instead of all of them? I hope your meds get there soon.

Boredomb 11-08-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 888117)
OMG :shock: I'm so sorry.

Romad makes big mental note to call the dentist.......

Yes probably need to do that if you haven't in awhile.

Boredomb 11-08-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calmwaters (Post 888123)
Would it not have been less painful to do a few at a time instead of all of them? I hope your meds get there soon.

Probably but then there are several trips to the dentist plus I still have 4 left to be pulled. Here is the other thing it took me this long to save up the money (several months) and I have to have it done before the end of the year so I can have my bottom teeth done next year. The reasoning my insurance will only pay $1500 a year per person. That's enough for one set per year.

Boredomb 11-08-2011 03:16 PM

Ohh and the bleeding finally stopped and I got my pain meds now soo that's a plus!

Calmwaters 11-08-2011 03:27 PM

Oh I see. Well I am glad you got your pain meds and the bleeding stopped. I had 4 teeth pulled when I was a teen many years ago but the dentist did 2 at a time. I needed braces but my gums were not big enough for all my teeth I remember it hurt so I can't imagine haveing as many as you did pulled at once.

Boredomb 11-08-2011 03:33 PM

I have only had one tooth pulled before this and it was not to bad but this is on a whole different level. Ok well my meds are really kicking in now and it is hard for me to type lol so will be back later .