Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   planted aquarium questions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/planted-aquarium-questions-84895/)

David23 10-31-2011 01:37 AM

planted aquarium questions

i added amazon swords about a week ago there 12 inches tall.a few leaves have holes in them should i clip the leaves? if so how?they have good color look healthy just have holes in them lol i appreciate any help

GwenInNM 10-31-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David23 (Post 880004)
i added amazon swords about a week ago there 12 inches tall.a few leaves have holes in them should i clip the leaves? if so how?they have good color look healthy just have holes in them lol i appreciate any help

You could clip them our not. Do you have fish eating the leaves? Seems like a likely culprit.

brownmane 10-31-2011 07:38 PM

I personally don't worry too much about holes in plants. I just trim the ones that are clearly brown and done. If you just added the swords, they could be acclimatizing to your tank. Plants do need some time to adjust to your tank environment.

David23 10-31-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweninnm (Post 880222)
you could clip them our not. Do you have fish eating the leaves? Seems like a likely culprit.

i havent seen any do any damage to them but that does sound like a possibility thanks.i have seen them pick algea off them

David23 10-31-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownmane (Post 880621)
i personally don't worry too much about holes in plants. I just trim the ones that are clearly brown and done. If you just added the swords, they could be acclimatizing to your tank. Plants do need some time to adjust to your tank environment.

oh ok that makes since.usualy how long does that take?and is that whn they will start growing more?thanks for the reply

Boredomb 10-31-2011 09:38 PM

David can you put a pic up of this sword? It would be a lot easier for us to tell you whats going on and how to help you if we can see a pic of the sword.

David23 10-31-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 880733)
David can you put a pic up of this sword? It would be a lot easier for us to tell you whats going on and how to help you if we can see a pic of the sword.

yes i can do that it will be later on tonite when i get the chance.sry just started this site last nite havent got pics up yet.thanks for the help pics be up soon as i can

Boredomb 10-31-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David23 (Post 880745)
yes i can do that it will be later on tonite when i get the chance.sry just started this site last nite havent got pics up yet.thanks for the help pics be up soon as i can

That's fine David its just a lot easier with pics. I will be on and off for most of the night as I work till 3am and don't go to till about 4 lol.

Boredomb 10-31-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 880751)
That's fine David its just a lot easier with pics. I will be on and off for most of the night as I work till 3am and don't go to till about 4 lol.

Don't go to bed till 4 is what that was suppose to say. Sorry!