Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi Everyone ! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hi-everyone-83052/)

DiscusFan 10-08-2011 02:20 PM

Hi Everyone !

Hi Guys . New to the forum and pretty new to tropical fish keeping . I can honestly say i have never been hooked on anything as much as i am with my fish . I've had my tank now for about 6 to 7 months and love it . I did the standard newby thing and stocked fish to early and got the ammonia thing going on but got on top of it pretty quick . My tank is going great guns now and love watching my Discus and others fish for hours at a time . Nothing better than coming home from work and destressing with a cold beer and sitting in front of the tank. Looking forward to meeting other fellow fish lovers :) .

Boredomb 10-08-2011 02:29 PM

Hi and welcome to TFK! This a great place for learning, chatting, or just hanging out. Hope you like it here!

DiscusFan 10-08-2011 03:24 PM

Like it here ? I love it . it's all about fish and everything to do with it . Got to be the best hobby i have every had :)

Boredomb 10-08-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscusFan (Post 854815)
Like it here ? I love it . it's all about fish and everything to do with it . Got to be the best hobby i have every had :)

I am glad you like it here! It is a great hobby. Nice and relaxing to watch the fish and to admire the work you have done to get the tank the way you want it.

Romad 10-09-2011 07:13 AM

Hi Mick,

Welcome to TFK :wave: Your tank is beautiful and I can certainly relate to hanging out in front of it and relaxing.

GwenInNM 10-09-2011 07:39 AM

Hi Mick and welcome!

I noticed your tank is kept at 26C which converts to 79F. I'm thinking you should raise your temps a bit for the Discus. Check out the profile here on these fish. Of course, you'll have to consider the temp requirements of the others you have with them.

Your tank looks lovely. Love Discus fish, and wish I had a tank that large to keep them in :-D

Gwen

DiscusFan 10-09-2011 06:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys :-) . The tank does normally sit on 27c but at it's coldest it's 26c . It is a central type heat to accommodate for all the fish i have . they are all happy so i'm happy :-) . Thanks again .

dormfish 10-09-2011 07:23 PM

Hi there! Welcome to TFK! I'm pretty new to the hobby myself, but I find that this is a great community to come to for advice and help. Hope you find it as useful as I have!

Byron 10-10-2011 01:51 PM

I may already have welcomed you in another thread, but more "welcome" never hurts. Glad you joined us.:-D

Byron.

DiscusFan 10-10-2011 03:53 PM

Thanks Dormfish and Byron . I haven't asked any questions as yet only because i've been reading a heap of threads and finding endless info . It's been great :-D .