On monday me and the boyf went to buy fish and came back with 5 beautiful Neons now its wednesday and ones dead :( and another one looks as though its gills are being peeled back? When he looks at you you can see all the scales are loose and flakey and he looks like hes got little rosy cheeks :( Is this some sort of illness or has another fish maybe nipped him?
I dont wanna lose another one :(
Neons can be very sensitive fish, especially when new to a tank. We have a questionaire that helps members to help you. Will you answer as many questions as you can so we can give you the best advice? Water stats, tank size, how long established, tank mates, etc. are all important to know.
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
12. Foods? How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1ZFrLRUJl
Hmm.. peeled back gills is often the result of ammonia poisoning. Scales loose and flakey.. that sounds like it could maybe be dropsy.
Hey sorry i havent replied sooner.. The poor little guy died :( all the others are ok.. nothing appears to be physically wrong with them so fingers crossed.. If you still want me to fill them Qs out il get the boyf to do it.. he deals with all them things lol
But thanks for the help anyway :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.