Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Starting off my day with a bang! LoL (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/starting-off-my-day-bang-lol-81980/)

Boredomb 09-25-2011 03:33 PM

Starting off my day with a bang! LoL

So I am going to back track a little here for the last 3 days I have had an ear infection (haven't been able to make to the doc yet) So last time it pretty much kept me up for most of the night. When I finally got some sleep it felt like I immediately got woke up by the kids and dog. So I get up and take care of the animals and kids(not necessarily in that order. LoL).Once that was taken care of I decided to clean the carpets and that's when I noticed there was cheese in my 55 gallon :shock: So after figuring out who did it and explaining why you can't do that I do a water change just to realize that I didn't have anymore water conditioner. So now I have a half empty tank and I have to drive clear across town to get some just so I can fill the tank back up. LoL Anyone else have these days? LoL

ker031 09-25-2011 03:37 PM

Oh no! What a nightmare :-(
Don't worry, you're not on your own - this sort of thing happens to me all the time.
Hope you managed to get it sorted :-)

Boredomb 09-25-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ker031 (Post 840252)
Oh no! What a nightmare :-(
Don't worry, you're not on your own - this sort of thing happens to me all the time.
Hope you managed to get it sorted :-)

Yes I got it all straighten out just not the way I really want to start off my day. Oh and the cheese was shredded cheese soo it was all over the bottom of the tank what a mess that makes lol Step son was just trying to help out and got a lesson instead. LoL He now understands what and how to feed the fish ( come get me or his mom) after me sitting down and talking to him about it.

aunt kymmie 09-25-2011 11:12 PM

Ugh, what an awful day! String cheese in the tank? I'd die of that happened to my display!
I sympathize w/you on the ear infections. I surf and am prone to them and they hurt, badly.
Hopefully tomorrow is MUCH better for you!!

Boredomb 09-26-2011 12:41 AM

Ear infection are something I am very use to. I had them all the time growing up. In fact I have had tubes in both ears and busted ear drums on more then one occasion. LoL not fun for sure!

Romad 09-26-2011 07:25 AM

Yikes :shock: Sorry you had such a bad start to your day. Were you able to remove all of the cheese with a siphon?

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better today.

Boredomb 09-26-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 841185)
Yikes :shock: Sorry you had such a bad start to your day. Were you able to remove all of the cheese with a siphon?

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better today.

Yes, I got it all out with a siphon thankfully
Posted via Mobile Device

Romad 09-26-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 841248)
Yes, I got it all out with a siphon thankfully
Posted via Mobile Device

Phew! I had visions of melted cheese all over the place.

dramaqueen 09-26-2011 11:22 AM

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Boredomb 09-26-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 841312)
Phew! I had visions of melted cheese all over the place.

LoL that would be an awful site to see! Since I have sand for a substrate it was actually really easy to get it out.