Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   ТОO MUCH GREE FLUSH!!!Glass In my tank covers every day with new green flush!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/o-much-gree-flush-glass-my-81817/)

krisi6ka 09-23-2011 08:04 PM

ТОO MUCH GREE FLUSH!!!Glass In my tank covers every day with new green flush!!!

Hi Guys! :-) Maybe somebody can help me? I have 75 gallon tank with skimmer,UV and all other equipments...But every morning I start my day whith cleaning of tank's glass. Every day I see a lot of green flush on glass and life rocks. May be you know a reason of it? Maybe too much sun light in my room,or my UV is not good? Or any other reasons? Thanks!:-)

Reefing Madness 09-23-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisi6ka (Post 837953)
Hi Guys! :-) Maybe somebody can help me? I have 75 gallon tank with skimmer,UV and all other equipments...But every morning I start my day whith cleaning of tank's glass. Every day I see a lot of green flush on glass and life rocks. May be you know a reason of it? Maybe too much sun light in my room,or my UV is not good? Or any other reasons? Thanks!:-)

Green flush? Hair algae? Like this?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/...7888ae2afc.jpgP
Phosphates are to high.

onefish2fish 09-23-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisi6ka (Post 837953)
and all other equipments..

can you share your other "equipments" please. what kind of lighting, how old are the bulbs, how long are they on, what and how often do you feed, what livestock, what about water parameters? can you post a picture?

as stated, phosphates and nitrates would be my first guess.

krisi6ka 09-23-2011 10:34 PM

No, not like this,thanks god! just flush on on back side of glass and green dust on life rocks.

krisi6ka 09-23-2011 10:59 PM

well,
-I have Current T5 HO 54W 460nm Actinic bulbs,2-white colore,two are blue colore.
-It's turn on about 2-3 hours in day,blue colore I use more often.
-I don't know how old these bulbs are,because I bought tank from other hands.
-I have 48pounds of life rocks,my tank is 75 gallons,i like to buy 25 pound more.
-I feed my fish 2 times in day with frozen shrimps,or krill,or silverside.
-Water parameters:
Nitrate 38
Nitrite 0.2
Ammonia 0.1
pH 8.4
Chlorine 0
Alkalinity 180
salt 1.023
-I put fiber and carbon in filter against nitrate.
The flush looks like green dust.After 8-12 hours my cleaning the flush appear again.

onefish2fish 09-23-2011 11:36 PM

cut back on your feeding to once every other day, only use RO/DI water, and maybe add a phosban reactor.

from the sound of things this could be diatoms or green coraline algae and not green hair algae. it appears your tank is still cycling (or to many new additions) so i would also suggest a small water change.

Reefing Madness 09-24-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisi6ka (Post 838217)
No, not like this,thanks god! just flush on on back side of glass and green dust on life rocks.

Sorry I was just giving you an idea of Hair Algae. Not to that extent, was just using th epic as a reference.

Reefing Madness 09-24-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefish2fish (Post 838306)
cut back on your feeding to once every other day, only use RO/DI water, and maybe add a phosban reactor.

from the sound of things this could be diatoms or green coraline algae and not green hair algae. it appears your tank is still cycling (or to many new additions) so i would also suggest a small water change.

Second the motion.

krisi6ka 09-24-2011 08:49 PM

Ok.Thanks)))

krisi6ka 09-24-2011 08:51 PM

I'm sorry, what means "RO/DI water"?