Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Where to buy plants online (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/where-buy-plants-online-81635/)

k19smith 09-21-2011 09:57 PM

Where to buy plants online
 
Well being one of the many members it seems who just got an order from sweetaquatics that doesn't looks so well, now it also seems 50% of their plants are sold out. Like I had said in another thread I'm not to upset as long as my plants bounce back now if they all die I'm not gonna be very happy.

So what other websites are good for plants? Price is a deciding factor for me.

I found this site which has great prices but crazy high shipping. They only ship next day from what I can tell. I haven't ordered from them and probably won't because of the shipping.
AquariumPlants.com

bigfish93 09-21-2011 10:05 PM

My order from sweet aquatics isn't looking to great either :-(. All of the plants are brown and I am worried that they are all gonna die and not recover. If that happens then I won't be very happy because I waited 2 and half weeks and I will be out $35. I had orignally looked at aquariumplants.com but the prices were to high for me.

k19smith 09-21-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish93 (Post 835305)
My order from sweet aquatics isn't looking to great either :-(. All of the plants are brown and I am worried that they are all gonna die and not recover. If that happens then I won't be very happy because I waited 2 and half weeks and I will be out $35. I had orignally looked at aquariumplants.com but the prices were to high for me.


Seems like the standard is 2-3 weeks, which I wouldn't mind if they didn't all look like death. Here's to hoping everyone's plants come back to life.

Romad 09-21-2011 10:14 PM

Check out Mikeswetpets on e-bay. I got my last bunch of GIANT swords, cabomba and some baby tears from him. Discounted shipping after the first item and they were here within 4 days.

I'm pretty sure he sells on Aquabid too.

The quality is amazing. I'm converted.

Jbrofish8 09-21-2011 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got most of my plants from plantedaquariumscentral.com. The shipping is really fast (2 -3 days), prices are great, and the plants look really nice when they get here.

Below is a picture of all the plants I got this last time from her site. This was taken right after I planted them, so as you can see they look pretty good! I got the anubias from petsmart so dont look at those. :P

Plus, she always sneaks in a few extra plants and even some plants you didn't order to try for free.

She also sells on aquabid, under the name Chambers.

Boredomb 09-21-2011 10:39 PM

The first order of plants I got was from Thatpetplace.com but their shipping is kinda high also. The plants that I got in were in great shape compared to the order I just got from sweetaquatics. If I order plants again I will probably pay the high shipping for good plants.

Nubster 09-30-2011 03:15 PM

I'd look at members in the classifieds of the various sites. That way you usually get a better price, you see what you are actually getting, and shipping is faster. I just ordered a package from a member that will have 14+ crypts for $20 shipped. Not too shabby. I also grabbed a huge bunch of needle leaf java fern a couple weeks ago for $16 shipped. IMO the better deals are in the FS sections. The biggest draw back I guess is that what you want might not always be available when you want it.

n2fish 09-30-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbrofish8 (Post 835331)
I've got most of my plants from plantedaquariumscentral.com. The shipping is really fast (2 -3 days), prices are great, and the plants look really nice when they get here.

First time ever buying plants on line and went with Planted Aquarium Central (plantedaquariumcentral.com) for no other reason but a couple of you guys sounded happy with them.

Well, the plants arrived today and I must say the plants look amazing, I couldn't be happier. They are actualy in better shape than anything I've bought from my LPS and they (PAC) have a wide variety of common and hard to find plants.

Santaclaws 09-30-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2fish (Post 846212)
First time ever buying plants on line and went with Planted Aquarium Central (plantedaquariumcentral.com) for no other reason but a couple of you guys sounded happy with them.

Well, the plants arrived today and I must say the plants look amazing, I couldn't be happier. They are actualy in better shape than anything I've bought from my LPS and they (PAC) have a wide variety of common and hard to find plants.

hmm wonder if they ship to Canada.

n2fish 09-30-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santaclaws (Post 846260)
hmm wonder if they ship to Canada.

The place I work at ships globaly each and every day, actually I'm the one filling out all the documents, and it's really no big deal but it's "sporting goods", nothing alive.

Canadian customs may (or they may not) have issues shipping live plants...just something to look into.

Anybody that's in the business of selling and shipping live plants should be able to answer the question. I'm sure a quick email to them would be all it takes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2