Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Ughh!!!!! Need advice on new plants! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/ughh-need-advice-new-plants-81584/)

Boredomb 09-21-2011 11:55 AM

Ughh!!!!! Need advice on new plants!

2 Attachment(s)
Okay soo I finally got some of my plants from Sweetaquatics. They didn't send me my Dwarf Sagittaria. Instead I got a note saying they were unable to ship it and will refund my money.

I did get my pennywort
Attachment 37851
Will this sad plant make it?

I also got my crypt undulata
Attachment 37852
I put a root tab under this plant. What else can I do to help it? Most of the leaves were broken on it and I trimmed it up a little.
I will NEVER again order from that place!
Please any advice as what I can do to help these plants make it.

Byron 09-21-2011 04:11 PM

Well, I have never ordered plants online, but given more than one recent thread about SA, and now seeing these, I would not be happy if I received plants in this state.

I recently sent some plants via mail to brownmane and ladayen, including some Pennywort, and what I sent was in far better shape than what is pictured here.

At the very least, ensure they know.

Byron.

Boredomb 09-21-2011 04:29 PM

Byron do you think the pennywort will recover? Or do I need to just throw it away?
As for the crypt. Its small but I think it will recover. You thoughts on this?
I definitely plan on contacting them about this issue!

Byron 09-21-2011 04:50 PM

I would think the crypt should recover. The pennywort might, keep it floating and see. I can't believe any supplier sending something like this pennywort and charging for it.

Boredomb 09-21-2011 04:55 PM

I was thinking the pennywort had the best chance of recovering by floating so thanks on that.
I am dumbfounded that I got this!! I really don't know what to say other then I won't be a returning customer, I didn't get half the order I was suppose to get (I just now realized that I ordered a java fern and I didn't get that or a refund on it) and what I did well you see the pic.

Santaclaws 09-21-2011 05:00 PM

Did you pay by credit card or paypal you should be able to get a refund if the plant place wont refund your money.

Boredomb 09-21-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santaclaws (Post 834952)
Did you pay by credit card or paypal you should be able to get a refund if the plant place wont refund your money.

It was through paypal.

Santaclaws 09-21-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 834977)
It was through paypal.

Then you can get a refund. You just have to contact them.

Boredomb 09-21-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santaclaws (Post 834989)
Then you can get a refund. You just have to contact them.

I want to see if SweetAquatics will make it right first if not then I might go through paypal.

brownmane 09-21-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 834886)
Well, I have never ordered plants online, but given more than one recent thread about SA, and now seeing these, I would not be happy if I received plants in this state.

I recently sent some plants via mail to brownmane and ladayen, including some Pennywort, and what I sent was in far better shape than what is pictured here.

At the very least, ensure they know.

Byron.

I'll vouch for Byron. His plants travelled from BC to Ontario Canada (more than half the distance across Canada) in a couple of days and were in great shape :-)