Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   From Central Illinois (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/central-illinois-80737/)

Fisherofmen 09-11-2011 10:00 PM

From Central Illinois

Hello everyone. My name is Lonnie and I'm from central Illinois. I have free Golden Twin Bar platies for local pickup. Im new to aquariums but I have always been fascinated with the hobby. I watch my aquarium more than I watch TV. I enjoy meeting new people and I like talking about fish, plants, and aquariums.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarbH 09-11-2011 10:25 PM

Hello and welcome to TFK :-D It is amazing how lost you can get watching fish. I find myself glancing over at my tanks all the time.

Fisherofmen 09-11-2011 10:46 PM

Hi Barb, what kind of fish do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device

Beaches 09-12-2011 03:58 AM

Hi Lonnie...

1 Attachment(s)
Nice to have you join!

BarbH 09-12-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisherofmen (Post 822485)
Hi Barb, what kind of fish do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL I have a mix of different fish, in my 50 gallon I have angels, bolivian ram, black widow tetra, corys, platys, and two rubberlipped plecos. In one of my 20 gallons and 10 gallon I have platy fry that I am growing out. In another 20 gallon I have a pair of pink convicts that just spawned recently, so even more fry. Finally I have a 5 gallon with a betta. What type of fish do you have?

willow 09-12-2011 02:03 PM

hello and welcome. :)

Fisherofmen 09-12-2011 10:20 PM

Fisherofmen photos

Hi Barb, your fish collection sounds very interesting. I have a ten gallon aquarium with platies and live plants. In the future I would like to have a bigger aquarium with live plants. A Mexico River or an Amazon Biotype Aquarium sounds appealing to me. I want to provide a realistic biosphere for my fish. I am currently reading about plants. I like platies because they are common fish with various color patterns.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarbH 09-12-2011 10:28 PM

Yes platys are very nice, alot of different variations that are available.

Fisherofmen 09-13-2011 08:33 PM

Im getting the impression that alot of platies are genetic mutts. Some appear to have colors of a certain variety. But others can have a mixture of colors. 'Sports Platies' sporting or showing various color patterns due to unrestricted breeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Byron 09-18-2011 06:54 PM

Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum, and the hobby. Considering much of what one sees on TV these days, watching an aquarium is certainly more relaxing. Unfortunately, I usually fall asleep in front of mine... maybe a less comfy chair.

Byron.