Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Thank you (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/thank-you-80460/)

KendraMc 09-09-2011 04:14 PM

Thank you

I have been on this forum for a few months now, since my first attempt at a tank ended in mostly deaths (still no real idea why, but oh well). my second attempt is up and going strong. since i've been here, i have learned a lot from so many people on here. i know at time some of my questions/responses probably haven't been the most straight forward or useful, but i appreciate everyone trying to help me. i have now made it over two weeks without any deaths, and while i know that doesn't sound very impressive, i did have a really rough start. (and that does not include plants, which i'm still working on, but swords are more dangerous to plants than i realized :-?).

thank you all.

dramaqueen 09-09-2011 04:35 PM

I'm glad you found the help you were looking for and that your tank is doing well. :)

KendraMc 09-09-2011 04:42 PM

also, all of these people looking to sell fish is really making me wish i had more space :) so many really cool looking fish out there.

willow 09-09-2011 04:51 PM

i remember when i stopped killing fish,i was so very proud of myself.
well done on not giving up. :-D

Romad 09-09-2011 05:00 PM

I'm glad you're up and running succesfully. :blueyay:

It took me a lot of research to get my first tank happy and healthy and thanks to this forum, I've been going strong for a few years now.

Oh and thanks to this forum I'm up to 8 tanks LOL.

KendraMc 09-09-2011 05:02 PM

once i'm in my own house i will get more. right now my fiance and i live with his brother, but since we hope to be moving soon i don't want to set up a tank just to take it down and move it in a few months.

Romad 09-09-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendraMc (Post 819425)
once i'm in my own house i will get more. right now my fiance and i live with his brother, but since we hope to be moving soon i don't want to set up a tank just to take it down and move it in a few months.

You'll be looking at the new place thinking "hey a 75 gallon would fit there" and "i could fit a few tanks on that wall there with a good power strip" etc.. etc..

BarbH 09-10-2011 01:31 AM

LOL @ Romad :-D I agree you will start looking at potential places with the idea of how you will be able to make your tanks work. It is good to hear that things have been going better for you with your tanks, it is always nice when things are going smoothly and you are able to enjoy your tank, instead of worrying over it. I myself have learned a lot here in the past 4 months since I started my first tank. Along with the fact that I now have 5 tanks up and running.

KendraMc 09-10-2011 09:29 AM

my fiance keeps teasing me about having my next two tanks planned out already.