Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   Is my Molly Pregnant ?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/my-molly-pregnant-80346/)

BabyBoyBlue 09-08-2011 06:27 AM

Is my Molly Pregnant ??
 
Attached are a couple of pictures of my Molly. I thought she was just overfed, so I was going to fast them today ... but my wife thinks she's pregnant.

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/at...fed-molly1.jpg

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/at...fed-molly2.jpg

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/at...fed-molly3.jpg

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/at...fed-molly4.jpg

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/at...fed-molly5.jpg

tf1265 09-08-2011 10:39 AM

Your pictures are not loading for me - I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or a problem with the pictures, but I just thought I'd let you know - as your question is impossible to answer without seeing the pictures.If no one else answers, it might be an issue with the uploading of the pictures

BabyBoyBlue 09-08-2011 12:57 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zfpugn.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2074500.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/ezhmro.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/x4mzpd.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/11ac1eg.jpg

tf1265 09-08-2011 01:33 PM

Now I can see them :)

To me, she just looks fat. That's the shape one of my male platies usually has because he's a pig. If she keeps getting bigger you'll know she's pregnant - it will get more pronounced than that, and rounder. When she is close to dropping fry you will notice her resting at the bottom of the tank and hiding in unusual places.

BabyBoyBlue 09-08-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf1265 (Post 817978)
Now I can see them :)

To me, she just looks fat. That's the shape one of my male platies usually has because he's a pig. If she keeps getting bigger you'll know she's pregnant - it will get more pronounced than that, and rounder. When she is close to dropping fry you will notice her resting at the bottom of the tank and hiding in unusual places.

If "she" is pregnant, will fasting her for a day be ok (just in case "she's" just fat) ?

k19smith 09-08-2011 10:11 PM

I'm voting preggo, it won't hurt her at all to fast for a day. How long have you had her? Is she in with other males?

BabyBoyBlue 09-09-2011 11:59 AM

She's in a tank with a male. We've had her for about 4 or so months now.

alysalouise 09-09-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBoyBlue (Post 819196)
She's in a tank with a male. We've had her for about 4 or so months now.


I would say pregnant, in the last picture you can kinda see her Gravid spot

BabyBoyBlue 09-09-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alysalouise (Post 819209)
I would say pregnant, in the last picture you can kinda see her Gravid spot

So that's what it looks like. Thanks! :-D

BTW, nice ball python you have there. I used to have one 10 years ago.

alysalouise 09-09-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBoyBlue (Post 819855)
So that's what it looks like. Thanks! :-D

BTW, nice ball python you have there. I used to have one 10 years ago.


Ya when their pregnant they gravid spot get darker/larger
Its actually all the eyes of the babies that are forming inside :)

And thank you :) She is my baby :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2