Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   World Of Fish [Video] (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/world-fish-video-80254/)

Plumkin 09-07-2011 12:46 AM

World Of Fish [Video]
 
theres a store in my area called world of fish its really a house of fish pretty amazing !

enjoy the video


BarbH 09-07-2011 01:48 AM

Looks like a very interesting place to go to. Wish there was something like that around me. Thanks for sharing.

Plumkin 09-07-2011 02:23 AM

welcome :D its very nice an theres even a bigger one in minneapolis that i cant wait to go see next

Jbrofish8 09-07-2011 07:29 AM

Did I hear you say they have a baby whale? o.o

AbbeysDad 09-07-2011 09:12 AM

Cool. Very well maintained tanks. Did you notice all the [conventional bubble up] under gravel filters?

Byron 09-07-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbeysDad (Post 816531)
Cool. Very well maintained tanks. Did you notice all the [conventional bubble up] under gravel filters?

That is usually the norm in stores that still have individually-filtered tanks [as opposed to all the tanks being interconnected so the water flows from tank to tank and underneath the tanks through a filter]. In the situation where you have more fish in each tank than would work long-term with consequently more waste, a UG pulls stuff down into the gravel faster. So the tank water is clear, very clear considering the fish load. I would suspect they do weekly water changes and really vacuum the gravel; I have a local store that does this, the tanks are spotless and have fairly thick gravel beds. I prefer this system, and it isolates fish and water to each tank.

Plumkin 09-07-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbrofish8 (Post 816487)
Did I hear you say they have a baby whale? o.o

yes he was lil an cute =]

Jbrofish8 09-07-2011 02:35 PM

go back and get a picture!

Plumkin 09-07-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 816656)
That is usually the norm in stores that still have individually-filtered tanks [as opposed to all the tanks being interconnected so the water flows from tank to tank and underneath the tanks through a filter]. In the situation where you have more fish in each tank than would work long-term with consequently more waste, a UG pulls stuff down into the gravel faster. So the tank water is clear, very clear considering the fish load. I would suspect they do weekly water changes and really vacuum the gravel; I have a local store that does this, the tanks are spotless and have fairly thick gravel beds. I prefer this system, and it isolates fish and water to each tank.

she only does 25% w/c every week and i dont think she goes through the gravel sadly so i only buy plants from there an a hong kong pleco

AbbeysDad 09-07-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 816656)
That is usually the norm in stores that still have individually-filtered tanks [as opposed to all the tanks being interconnected so the water flows from tank to tank and underneath the tanks through a filter]. In the situation where you have more fish in each tank than would work long-term with consequently more waste, a UG pulls stuff down into the gravel faster. So the tank water is clear, very clear considering the fish load. I would suspect they do weekly water changes and really vacuum the gravel; I have a local store that does this, the tanks are spotless and have fairly thick gravel beds. I prefer this system, and it isolates fish and water to each tank.

Yep, I'm a 'fan' of the conventional UGF having used them successfully over the last 40+ years ;-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2