Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   RAVE about plants from Mikeswetpets (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/rave-about-plants-mikeswetpets-78772/)

Romad 08-22-2011 03:39 PM

RAVE about plants from Mikeswetpets

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share my experience with my purchase from Mikeswetpets on e-bay. I've been underwhelmed to say the least with my plant buying experiences from two other "popular" sites. I know that a lot of you have been too.

I purchased 5 or 6 of the large Amazon Swords, two bunches of Wisteria, two bunches of Cabomba and two good size pots of Baby Tears.

I was blown away when I opened the box. The swords are amazing and HUGE!! Everything I got was at least two or 3 times the size of the same plants that I had purchased from another place when I first planted my 75 gal. community tank.

I just can't say enough about the quality and I'll be getting my plants from there from now on.

I didn't see one snail and I checked everything really closely. Here's the link for his store and I'm pretty sure he's on Aquabid but I haven't checked it out yet.

And no, I'm not affiliated with them :) I'm just paying it forward.

Low Light Live Plants, Moderate Light Live Plants items in Mikeswetpets Aquarium Plants store on eBay!

Jbrofish8 08-22-2011 03:42 PM

This guy also uses Aquabid. I've bought a few things from him and the shipping was FAST and cheap. My plants were great as well!

I agree he is awesome.

Calmwaters 08-22-2011 04:28 PM

I agree I have bought from him on Aquabid I was very very pleased with plants, shipping and customer service. ; )

BarbH 08-22-2011 05:10 PM

Thanks for sharing, will hopefully be buying some more plants in the next couple of months. Will have to check him out when I get ready to look at getting more ;-)

Romad 08-22-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 794990)
Thanks for sharing, will hopefully be buying some more plants in the next couple of months. Will have to check him out when I get ready to look at getting more ;-)

I'm glad I can help out here. There's nothing worse than spending a ton of money on plants only to open the box and say "meh". I've been there, done that.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

BarbH 08-22-2011 08:49 PM

My other experience with ordering plants online was okay, the plants were in good shape and was happy about the quality. The only issue I had was the three weeks it took for me to get my order and that was with paying thru paypal, so it was not like I had to wait for a check or money order to get there and clear.

patadams66 08-24-2011 03:06 PM

yea i have been waiting 3 weeks for my sweet aquatics plants to get here :/

i didnt realize they moved to alabama when i ordered adn thought they were still a couple hours from me in ohio :( lol