Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Just wanted to introduce my tanks! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/just-wanted-introduce-my-tanks-78733/)

faithg1987 08-22-2011 03:20 AM

Just wanted to introduce my tanks!

The first one is the largest tank I have ever had, it's a 55g long and it is massive we custom built a stand for it lol here it is

and since I loved the 55g so much I wanted more fish so I decided to start breeding my own in my first tank in almost 15 years my little ole 10 g lightly planted tank, gonna be breeding mollies guppies and maybe some platies idk yet let me know what yall think especially on the selection of fish? here it is

Beaches 08-22-2011 06:08 AM

:wave: Hi faith and Welcome to the forum! Lovely tanks, I would give anything to have a 55 gallon. My preference is Guppies & Platies over Mollies, just don't like the Mollies temperament.

faithg1987 08-22-2011 06:38 AM

Hello Thar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaches (Post 794134)
:wave: Hi faith and Welcome to the forum! Lovely tanks, I would give anything to have a 55 gallon. My preference is Guppies & Platies over Mollies, just don't like the Mollies temperament.

Thanks for posting I didnt think anyone saw me lol, so far my mollies have been greats it's my guppies acting like fools, the white molly in the 55g cant breath for them constantly harrassing her idk why maybe ill have some GOLLIES lol or MUPPIES on another note, I am only breeding to as some fish to my tank and my uncles tank so i shouldnt go through any more then 2 to 3 breeding I hope

Thanks Again

*~Faith~G~* :-D

Romad 08-22-2011 08:19 AM

Hi Faith,

I'm a platy fan and love how playful they are. Especially the red wags - they group together and play in the stream of water during water changes. Cracks me up every time.

Welcome to TFK!

SeaHorse 08-22-2011 09:09 AM

Hi Faith! Welcome to TFK. I have Mollies too, yes they get a bit aggressive. Never had Platys, should try that. I do have 5 baby mollies, waiting for more. Have you had fry at all, or are some of those fish babies that you have raised?

Romad congrats on the milestone! 5000 posts!

Calmwaters 08-22-2011 09:44 AM

Looks nice. Welcome to the group.

BarbH 08-22-2011 01:22 PM

Hello Faith and welcome to TFK :-D Your tanks look nice. I have platys myself. As said have found them to be playful, along with being little pigs. Between them and the angels it is a wonder that anyone else ever gets any food at feeding time.

brokenrules69 08-27-2011 08:03 AM

tanks look amazing!
u seem to know what ur doing :]

Jerhyer 08-27-2011 10:51 AM

Very nice! I love Mollys!

Jayy 08-28-2011 12:21 PM

Welcome!!! Very nice tanks. I'm a platy and molly man myself