Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Getting out of Saltwater-It was just to hard

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Romad 
#1 ·
I've posted this on the other board as well, but wanted to make sure I covered the 2 boards I was part of.

It's with a lot of regret and pissed off'ness that I'm getting out of attempting to build a reef. It took me over a year to build everything, do some reading, spend hundreds of hours searching and reading, and it flooded, and you know what-I'm out.

I knew it would happen at one point or another, but after living on planks, in shoes, and having no wall between our master bedroom and living room- I'm still trying to financially get back on my feet after I flooded our place. That killed it for me. That was all it took, but I don't have the heart anymore to try to put this back together, I won't enjoy it knowing it really doesn't take much to have a repeat. I've thought about this, but I'm very sensitive to disappointments and those types of stress. I shouldn't have gone into this in the first place, I had no idea.

I'm out. Wanted to thank all of you, who spent hours helping me out(especially Scott-you were amazing). Thank you to all the PMs and phone calls to help me set this up.

I have just listed everything on the web to sell as a whole. I just want it out of the house. Some of you might be interested, even if all you want is parts, buying everything might be of value to you just for some of the main components(resell some of it separately-whatever).

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-othe...AdIdZ307181413

I'm really thankful I had you guys around, thanks again

See less See more
#3 ·
:BIGweepy: Sorry to see you get out of the hobby. You had all the necessary hardware for an excellent reef. I know it must have been a hard decision to throw in the towel especially after all the homework you've invested. Wish you the best of luck!

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.