Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   Yea, I have a mated pair of Angels (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/yea-i-have-mated-pair-angels-77729/)

BlueramFan 08-11-2011 08:24 AM

Yea, I have a mated pair of Angels

Good news is that I found out that the fish guy at my fave fish store was wrong about the fact that he told me I have two male angels. She just started to lay eggs on one of my intake tubes but as usual a bunch of the eggs have turned white..not good I have read thanks to Byron's great article that is a sign of too hard of water I think.. Would love some expert advice. Would love to get a successful clutch of Marble veils from this pair. I would like to soften the water as naturally as possible and make it so that my rams can mate as well.. Man, I am such a noob at this, would greatly appreciate advice from the ones who really know what they are doing..lol
Thanks ahead of time

BarbH 08-11-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueramFan (Post 777816)
Good news is that I found out that the fish guy at my fave fish store was wrong about the fact that he told me I have two male angels. She just started to lay eggs on one of my intake tubes but as usual a bunch of the eggs have turned white..not good I have read thanks to Byron's great article that is a sign of too hard of water I think.. Would love some expert advice. Would love to get a successful clutch of Marble veils from this pair. I would like to soften the water as naturally as possible and make it so that my rams can mate as well.. Man, I am such a noob at this, would greatly appreciate advice from the ones who really know what they are doing..lol
Thanks ahead of time

Congrats on the pairing :-D When the female laid her eggs did the male follow to fertilize the eggs? Alot of times it takes a few attempts before most get it right, so don't be discouraged. What is the hardness of your water? Not sure if you have read this article but it explains how you can adjust the hardness of your water http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...quarium-73276/

BlueramFan 08-11-2011 06:49 PM

Yes, that was the article I was referring to..Great info in that one and the PH one he did. I am going to read over it again and Im sure a few thousand times more.

BlueramFan 08-11-2011 06:56 PM

Not sure what my GH is but my test strip says that is in the very hard range. A TDS probe is next on my wish list.. Just have to starve the family for a week or two..lol jk

BarbH 08-11-2011 10:45 PM

You can try looking online to see if the hardness is on the website for your local water people, many places are now putting that information online. For mine I ended up being able to find it on the reports for the drain commisioner. If you are unable to find the infor online than you can try calling your local water people for the information.

jeaninel 08-12-2011 01:54 AM

Eggs turning white usually means they are not fertilized. You may have 2 females or the male of the pair might need more experience fertilizing eggs. Sometimes it takes them a few tries to get it right. LOL

BlueramFan 08-12-2011 08:20 AM

K will check with my local fish store where I get my RO water to see what the hardness is. Right now I'm in a wait an see mode as to if I have two females or a male who hasn't figured it out yet.
Thanks for all the help guys.

ginagv 08-21-2011 06:04 PM

I have 2 females who lay eggs all the time. They do the whole mating ritual and then one or both will lay eggs depending upon who's gravid.

I kinda feel sorry for them though, they go through all that just to wind up with nothing.

Otherwise they are healthy and happy.. as a matter of fact they are lip locking at this very moment...

Gina