Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Vivariums and Reptiles (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/)
-   -   my frog thread. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/my-frog-thread-77652/)

willow 08-10-2011 03:22 PM

my frog thread.

ok i'm going to start my diary of the yellow bellied toads,and tree frogs.
i kept fire belly toads a little while back,and now i want to do it again.
i have already got some yellow bellied toads,they are rather small at the moment,
and as i have a new phone,i've yet to know how to upload pictures,
i am a techno phobic ! in my profile i have pictures of "the toad house" that i used to have,
and i intend to do something on a similar line with the toads again.
the tree frogs will be a little different,as they need a different habitat and less water,
the toads will be sorted this year,and the tree frogs i feel will be next years project.
:-D

1077 08-11-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 776624)
ok i'm going to start my diary of the yellow bellied toads,and tree frogs.
i kept fire belly toads a little while back,and now i want to do it again.
i have already got some yellow bellied toads,they are rather small at the moment,
and as i have a new phone,i've yet to know how to upload pictures,
i am a techno phobic ! in my profile i have pictures of "the toad house" that i used to have,
and i intend to do something on a similar line with the toads again.
the tree frogs will be a little different,as they need a different habitat and less water,
the toads will be sorted this year,and the tree frogs i feel will be next years project.
:-D

Looking forward to pics. Wishing you well, and good luck with the little toad's/frog's.
Don't let em pee on you, you'll get wart's.:lol:

willow 08-11-2011 09:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1077 (Post 777549)
Looking forward to pics. Wishing you well, and good luck with the little toad's/frog's.
Don't let em pee on you, you'll get wart's.:lol:

willow 08-11-2011 09:56 AM

Ha, i actually managed to do it...............go me...........:lol:

willow 08-14-2011 04:24 AM

while out and about,popped into a reptile place for some supplies,and
in stock were some American green tree frogs.......i bought them:oops:
i already had a set up that was ok for them at home,as a spare tank and equipment in the shed,
so no hoo haaaaa about it,like i thought it would be,set the tank up in next to no time,frogs were kept damp and warm,inclosed in another set up i had,so they and the other critters were perfectly safe,
and put it all together,they ate that night,so i was over the moon,and they happily explored their new
home,i found them very well hidden the next morning stuck to the glass sleeping.
i think i heard my toadlets calling this morning,so everyones happy. :mrgreen
i know pictures are always wanted,and i will post some ,really i will,hopefully later today,after fishes
water change,toadies cleaned out,lizards fed, bathed,and praying mantis fed too.....
oh and i might stop for a coffee somewhere in there :)

BarbH 08-15-2011 12:16 PM

congrats on the new frogs :-) The tree frogs that I have seen around at my parents are cute, sometimes they can be seen hanging on the glass on the back patio door, that and they can be loud for such a little thing. Look forward to seeing pictures of your new guys

willow 08-15-2011 01:18 PM

hi,
thanks,will post pictures when i can,i'm getting the hang of doing it,it's
remembering what i did that's the hard bit now :oops::lol:

willow 08-30-2011 10:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
here are a couple of pictures of the toads house.
i'm hoping to be fixing them a bigger house,as bear knows lol .:-D
it looks like this at the moment,i need to re-seal the sides as it belonged to a rodent
and it leaks,

willow 09-07-2011 07:42 AM

7 Attachment(s)
well it leaks,still,and my DIY skills are pants at the best of times,so
i decided to put my gecko in there,and keep the toadies in their tank.
Tree frogs are in the Exo tank and doing well.
will get some more pictures of the Exo in the evening time,as there is too much reflection
during the day.