Tropical Fish Keeping banner

I think my guppy is prego..

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FishMad 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone My guppy has a dark gravid spot and im pretty sure that she has squared off....how long will it take for her to give birth after she has squared off? also kinda on the edges of the gravid spot i see black dots?? is that the fry eyes??!! i tried posting a pic from my ipod but keeps saying invaild!

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TFK :-D The black spots that you are seeing are the eyes of the fry. You will probably have babies sometime within the next week from the sound of it. Most livebearers when they get ready to drop their fry will start to not be as active staying in one spot. Most livebearers tend to give birth in the early morning.

#3 ·
Congratulations, you are going to have the pleasure of cute little Guppy Fry!

Exactly what BarbH said is 100%. It is always pretty obvious when your Guppies are pregnant and also when they are ready to give birth. I can pretty much predict when I will see my next batch of fry. Not knowing how many inhabitants are in your tank and what types I would recommend some good 'hiding' covererage areas for your fry. For the first few days to a week they will need to take coverage to prevent being eaten.

Post some pics when they are big enough to see;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.