Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Film about 12th International Pet Fair in Lodz, Poland - part 1 (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/film-about-12th-international-pet-fair-76991/)

akwabiotop 08-04-2011 05:22 AM

Film about 12th International Pet Fair in Lodz, Poland - part 1

Hi guys,

This is the first part of my report from 12th International Fair of Pet Shop Merchandisem "PetFair", which was held on 20-22 May 2011 in the city of Lodz in Poland. Over 40 variuos tanks were presented during the Fair, and two aquascaping contests took part there. In the first movie I show tanks arranged by companies and fishkeepers' clubs, not taking part in the contests. Enjoy! (and I hope my English is OK - I'm not a native speaker... ;) ).

BarbH 08-04-2011 08:26 AM

Very nicely done video, enjoyed watching and seeing the different setups. It looks like the fair would be an interesting event to be able to attend. Thanks for sharing you experience and look forward to seeing the next video. Also you english is very good.

SeaHorse 08-04-2011 08:30 AM

Looks like I am one of the first to reply to your thread...

WOW, you definately should have a career in filming, narrating, producing.... something! Your knowledge of the all the species of fish and plants is enormous. Your English is excellent and your accent is... well I can't wait to see and listen to part 2. Thank you for posting this for us.

Welcome to TFK from Ontario Canada! So glad you found us.

akwabiotop 08-04-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 765688)
Very nicely done video, enjoyed watching and seeing the different setups. It looks like the fair would be an interesting event to be able to attend.

Huh, to be honest - the Fair was quite small event, and what I filmed was almost everything which was shown :) In September there is much bigger Fair in Wroclaw, Poland, called ZooBotanica. I wonder how many parts will have my report about it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 765688)
Thanks for sharing you experience and look forward to seeing the next video. Also you english is very good.

Thank you - and stay tuned for next movie! :)

akwabiotop 08-04-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakiebabie (Post 765694)
WOW, you definately should have a career in filming, narrating, producing.... something!

Yup, that is what I want to do :) I'm really keen on filming auqatic life, both behind the glass and under water, and everytime I see some movies made by "internet aquaristic televisions" I feel like there was SO MUCH to show, but the authors just didn't show it... So I decided to start doing it myself :)

Quote:

Your knowledge of the all the species of fish and plants is enormous.

Huh, my "knowledge" is called "google" ;) And I also talked or wrote to the authors of the aquariums I filmed, and they have helped me with the identification. My memory is far to short to remember a lot of names. I just know how to make movies, and what should be shown to the audience :)

Quote:

Your English is excellent and your accent is... well I can't wait to see and listen to part 2. Thank you for posting this for us. Welcome to TFK from Ontario Canada! So glad you found us.

I'm glad too :) Thanks! :)

Romad 08-08-2011 03:51 PM

I'm speechless (and believe me, that's a rare occurance :)

You did such a great job filming this. Thank you for sharing and I can't wait for the next one.

Oh and welcome to TFK :wave:

akwabiotop 08-09-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 773349)
I'm speechless (and believe me, that's a rare occurance :)

I was speechless only once in my life (as far as I can remember ;) ) - it was when I first saw the Rocky Mountains in the States. It took me like 15 minutes to start talking, but still, I didn't want to - the size and majesty of those mountains was something to be admired quietly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 773349)
You did such a great job filming this. Thank you for sharing and I can't wait for the next one. Oh and welcome to TFK :wave:

You know what, guys, I must say that it really cheers my up, this whole warm greeting and enthusiasm you gave me here. It is really nice to see that people like my work, which is still an amateur work (although I learn fast ;) ). It is also somewhat funny, because I didn't finish any filming school, I didn't read any books about filming techniques etc. (except of some technical publications regarding the quality of the encoding etc.), in short - I don't have any education in this topic. I'm a biologist, a PhD, working at the Uni, and I never thought that I may be good at filming... But once I started it, i realised that I just have it inside of me, I just KNOW what to do to make the movie look right, and make it attractive and comprehensive... Obviously, there is still a lot to learn from my mistakes - but I can see the mistakes clearly, and it is also something which surprises me... :)

Anyway, wish me luck - I'll do what I can to start making some income out of this fiming, because for some time now I keep thinking that the Uni is not exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life... Hopefully I will be able to support myself from filmmaking for hobbyists, and provide a lot of interesting material for a lot of interested people...

:)