Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   Best food to feed Angelfish? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/best-food-feed-angelfish-76940/)

Boredomb 08-03-2011 07:17 PM

Best food to feed Angelfish?

All you Angelfish owners out there. I was wondering what do you feed your fish? What is the best foods to feed them. Also how many different varieties of food do you feed them?
Thanks for your opinions!

stevenjohn21 08-03-2011 07:52 PM

Mine are in a community tank so they eat flakes, brine shrimp, bloodworm and occasionaly cichlid pellets if they get to it beffore the other fish

Plumkin 08-03-2011 08:04 PM

mine LOVE LOVE LOVE BEEF HEART!! they grows like in a blink of a eye is amazing! they also love bloodworms , brine shrimp and flakes of course

Boredomb 08-03-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plumkin (Post 764816)
mine LOVE LOVE LOVE BEEF HEART!! they grows like in a blink of a eye is amazing! they also love bloodworms , brine shrimp and flakes of course

Just out of curiosity.... Where do you get beef heart at?

Boredomb 08-03-2011 08:27 PM

I just got five angelfish yesterday. They have had frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. They seem to love those. Just need/want some more variety to feed them. I will go and look for some cichlid pellets tomorrow. Is there a brand better then another with those?

Boredomb 08-03-2011 08:32 PM

Plumkin I notice that you have Colombian tetras. Do you have any problems with them being nippy? I had seven before I got my angelfish and they nipped my my GBR's tails. Not to mention at each other on occasion. They were okay with each other at first then I don't know what happen? I soo I rehomed them with a Lfs.

stevenjohn21 08-03-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredomb (Post 764882)
I just got five angelfish yesterday. They have had frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. They seem to love those. Just need/want some more variety to feed them. I will go and look for some cichlid pellets tomorrow. Is there a brand better then another with those?

I can't remember which brand I got , just look for the ones that have a color enhancer for fish , I got the really small pellets otherwise they will be too big for the angelfishes mouth
Posted via Mobile Device

Boredomb 08-03-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 (Post 764979)
I can't remember which brand I got , just look for the ones that have a color enhancer for fish , I got the really small pellets otherwise they will be too big for the angelfishes mouth
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok thanks Stevenjohn

BarbH 08-04-2011 01:28 AM

Mine are in a community tank, they are fed flakes, I rotate between 3 different brands, about once a week I give them thawed blood worms, which they wil snatch from my fingers. I also feed them every once in a while another frozen food from San Francisco bay brand called cichlid delight which has turkey heart, brine shrimp and daphnia which everyone seems to like. My angels will also go after the shrimp pellets and the algae discs that I put in for my bottom feeders.

Boredomb 08-04-2011 02:08 AM

Thanks Barb, I will check into the cichlid delight