Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Newbie from Texas (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/newbie-texas-76695/)

dhutch 08-01-2011 07:16 PM

Newbie from Texas

3 Attachment(s)
Evening everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. On terminal leave from the Army and just moved into my new place in the Houston area.

My wife and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary and she picked me up a 30gal freshwater tank.

Started with 5 blood fin tetras and one passed in the first week. The other 4 are almost right at a month in the tank and they are doing great. (Bright red tails and clear bodies) Today I added 3 Baby Blue Dwarf Gouramis and 1 Hiffin Spotted Pleco. No live plants yet....and you have to excuse the Colosseum lol.

Oh and the dog enjoys watching the tank.:-P

fish joey 08-01-2011 08:37 PM

Welcome to TFK ....your dog sure looks interested !!! :-D

Beaches 08-02-2011 04:50 PM

Hi dhutch...

:wave: Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here!

Congrats. on your anniversary, that is a great gift that you both can enjoy!

UMM..Sorry but there are no excuses for the Colosseum.... :shake: ;-)

That is one cute dog. :-)

dhutch 08-02-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaches (Post 762534)
:wave: Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here!

Congrats. on your anniversary, that is a great gift that you both can enjoy!

That is one cute dog. :-)

:| I'll start looking for something more "natural" to put into the tank instead of the huge colloseum lol....

ladayen 08-03-2011 01:06 AM

Welcome :)

I like the colliseum, more importantly I think your tetras would love it as well. I'm not famliar with that species of pleco, do you know how big they get? I'm wondering because many Plecos get well over a 1' long which is far too big for a 30g, although I know there are a few species that only get 6" or less which would be fine.

dhutch 08-03-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladayen (Post 763411)
Welcome :)

I like the colliseum, more importantly I think your tetras would love it as well. I'm not famliar with that species of pleco, do you know how big they get? I'm wondering because many Plecos get well over a 1' long which is far too big for a 30g, although I know there are a few species that only get 6" or less which would be fine.

18" is their max size, but by the time he reaches that he'll be in a new home at my dads in a 75gal tank. Unless I go big myself.....

kitten_penang 08-03-2011 04:59 AM

wow you gave a piece of rome to the fishes i was very nice of you.imo i like the colloseum i hink ading tall plants and moss near it will give it an atlantis look :-D

dhutch 08-03-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_penang (Post 763714)
wow you gave a piece of rome to the fishes i was very nice of you.imo i like the colloseum i hink ading tall plants and moss near it will give it an atlantis look :-D

I was tossing around the idea of keeping it and just adding some more plants.

kitten_penang 08-03-2011 05:06 AM

great idea totally same as mine :-D sorry for the missing t's my keyboard seems to need a replacement :lol:

Beaches 08-03-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaches (Post 762534)

I was only joking!