- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - Rope fish pls Help (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/rope-fish-pls-help-76569/)
Rope fish pls Help
I have 2rope fish 1 that seems like he's going to die. He was doing just fine yesterday and this morning he's acting all funny. He seems 2b swimming into things his eyes have changed color. All the other fish in the tank are fine, but him can some1 pls help me I don't want him do die.
Sorry to hear about your fish. You're going to have to provide a lot of basic information before anyone can start to help you. Please answer these questions here and we'll do the best we can to help.
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1ThbHgmUK
I have a 65 gallon tank in my tank I have a Tiger Oscar,2 rope fish, a black ghost knife a spotted pleco and an albino pleco. all my levels are where they r supposed 2b. My temp is 85 as I have a tiger oscar and he isa being treated for ich I'm using Mardel as I have a black ghost knife. My oscar is the only one that has ich the other fish are fine. I have a canister filter which I had to take the carbon out at this time because the ich.
I've been doing a 50% water change following the directions for treating ich.
I use a conditioner from big als their brand for the water and follow the directions. I do the same with the pH7.0
I feed them twice a day frozen blood worms, and dried ones 4the oscar. Its a fresh water tank.Gravel on the bottom
I've had the oscar 4a few months same with the albino pleco. spotted pleco about 6months the ghost knife about 5months. The rope fish one 4about a month and the 1that looks sick maybe 2wks. the rope fishes eyes r cloudy and he seems 2swim into things because he cant see. This happen I noticed a couple days after taking the carbon out of the filter.
Gills and poop look normal. Tap water which i treat with chem following instructions.
I have a plastic log that looks real and drift wood both bought from same place as chems. I have a gravel cleaner
Hope this info helps u help me thanks
No exposure to sunlight I use the floresant* lighting. from 9am-6pm everyday. 4 fake plants no real ones. My tanks been up for about 7-8months. Also I don't know to post a pic of my tank/fish I tried and it didn't work sry.
I figured out how to upload some pics :-D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.