This really should be posted in the forum so that others can read and learn from it also.
1) I have a feeling the tank wasn't set up properly. It appears that they may be suffering from Nitrite poisoning. Was the tank newly set up when you purchased the puffers? How long has it been set up?
2) Walmart puffers are famous for being kept in poor conditions. Don't feel bad. That is just the way it is. If possible obtain a liquid test kit so you can test for: Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Those reading will tell you when to do a water change. Ammonia should read 0, Nitrite should read 0 and Nitrate should read under 20. If any of those number are higher then you must do a water change.
3) The puffers may be small now, but they will need a larger tank. The sooner the better. It is recommended that they have 30 gallons of water each. Thus you will need a 60 gal tank if they both survive.
4) They will need brackish water to full marine conditions also. You can worry about that later as they grow, but it does mean that you will need to purchase more equipment.
5) When trying to diagnose a disease, it is always helpful that you provide a detailed picture. In your case, it sounds like Nitrite poisoning, and is usually fatal in 4 - 10 days.
6) after feeding your puffers make sure that you clean up after them. They are messy kids and any pieces of food remaining will only compound the problem.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.