Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   MY fish are dying fast PLEASE HELP (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/my-fish-dying-fast-please-help-76117/)

Plumkin 07-26-2011 04:24 AM

MY fish are dying fast PLEASE HELP

so i fed some of my 5 month old angels dead angelfish fry and i guess that was a stupid idea because now i lost 7 fish ! my Bolivian ram , my pleco , and baby angels they get bloated stomachs foat around werid and die ... anyone know what i can do to cure them ? i been doing water changes daily and fed them some pea's

BarbH 07-26-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plumkin (Post 751427)
so i fed some of my 5 month old angels dead angelfish fry and i guess that was a stupid idea because now i lost 7 fish ! my Bolivian ram , my pleco , and baby angels they get bloated stomachs foat around werid and die ... anyone know what i can do to cure them ? i been doing water changes daily and fed them some pea's

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I am thinking that possibly you have something either bacterial or parasitic going on caused from the dead fry. Depending on how long the fry that you fed to the fish had been dead, there could have been alot of decomp already taking place. Are any of the remaining fish showing any symptoms? Maybe someone else will have more ideas of what is going on. Also do you know what caused the death of the fry that you fed to the others?

ladayen 07-26-2011 03:09 PM

Yeah. I would think that the fry were starting to decompose and they are dealing with that process now inside them. Also adding the dead fry would quickly start to increase your ammonia levels. I would remove any dead fry that are left and test your water parametres and post those.

Plumkin 07-26-2011 05:10 PM

yea some of the dead fry were pretty white i have no idea what killed the fry i think the large water change did it? whats been happening is my angels will start swimming really weirdly upside down in circles look very disoriented and a hour later stop breathing i been syphoning the tank every day cleaning the gravel as much as possible the parameters are perfect and so is the temp, i fed them the peas , i got MELIFIX just not sure if that will harm them or how i should use it.

Plumkin 07-27-2011 03:23 AM

i just lost 5 more i never lost so many so fast!! i think it could be feeding them blood worms im still doing daily water changes but now im using melafix and hoping to god this helps them!

Romad 07-27-2011 05:17 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish losses :( I hope you don't lose them all. Keep up posted.

Calmwaters 07-27-2011 09:01 AM

Maybe you should hold off feeding them for a few days? Good luck I hope you can save them. : (

Plumkin 07-27-2011 02:21 PM

thank you i really hope things turn around