Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Okay, New fish for free, need help (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/okay-new-fish-free-need-help-75915/)

alysalouise 07-24-2011 12:28 AM

Okay, New fish for free, need help

So i recieved anoth 10 gallon today with nothing but 5 fish in it and one fake plant and half filled with nasty water, no lid/light/filter/heater/ or even gravel

i know that 1 fish is a black skirted tetra
1 is a neon tetra, blinde in one eye it looks like
1 MIGHT be a Dawn Tetra (not positive)
1 I am pretty sure is a clown loachj, gotta go check out the photos....
And the last is some sort of Gourami, but i cant figure out wich

The loach, black skirt, and the possibly dawn tetra and the Gourami look to be in great health colors are great, fins in great shape, so they are in baggies floating in one of my tanks

but the Neon is a bit of a worrie so he/she is floating in a baggie in one of my empty 10's that has no heater

Im going to try and snap some photos here in a few minutes, Need your help to figure out what type of Gourami i have and the 1 tetra im not sure of, looks mostly like a Dawn

And tomorrow im going to go and see if there is any sales to get 2 more skirts, 5 more neons and 5 more of the other tetra

alysalouise 07-24-2011 01:29 AM

Here are the pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry that the one picture is chopped, the one that i think is a clown loach

Do you guys know what the other 2 are?

ladayen 07-24-2011 01:38 AM

The chopped one is certainly a clown loach... the other 2 I cant even begin to guess.

alysalouise 07-24-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladayen (Post 748349)
The chopped one is certainly a clown loach... the other 2 I cant even begin to guess.

Lol well the top is some sort of Gourami and the Very bottom is a tetra i know for a fact, just dont know which for both, but all 5 were in a tiny 10 gallon with NO heat nasty gross disguesting water only half filled, bare botton, no light, and one fake plant

And the Gourami is BIG, like the Size of my whole hand

jeaninel 07-24-2011 01:42 AM

The gourami is a Blue gourami (a.k.a. 3 Spot gourami) Trichogaster Trichopterus. The second picture is a Clown loach. Not sure on the tetra.

alysalouise 07-24-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 748354)
The gourami is a Blue gourami (a.k.a. 3 Spot gourami) Trichogaster Trichopterus. The second picture is a Clown loach. Not sure on the tetra.

Thank you so much

Just wanna know if he is a he or if she is a she too lol,

I think ill end up taking all my live breeders out and putting them in my 14 gallon, moving my babies from my 14 to one of my 10 gallons, and then moving 2 of my schools to my other 10 to give the 2 new big guys more room in the 29 gallon
Probably my red eyed tetra and the black skirts in a 10 gallon, that would leave me with cherry barbs, danios, and hopefully tomorrow i can pick up 5 neons to go with the one from these 5 fish and when i figure out what the other tetra is pick up 5 more of them for the 29 gallon, or maybe ill add my cherry barbs in the 10 with the red eyed ad skirts cause i only have 5 skirts 2 rey eyed and 3 cherry barbs right now.... i know bad mom i should have them all at the least 6 of each.... Working on that and getting a bigger Shoaling tank n but i havent had fin nipping or chasing problem with any of my shoals

jeaninel 07-24-2011 02:09 AM

The gourami looks like a female.

alysalouise 07-24-2011 02:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 748381)
The gourami looks like a female.

I sure am hoping so

I got a few better pictures, but my camera died so i only got 3, gotta try and get one of the neon tetra an the Mystery tetra

alysalouise 07-24-2011 02:41 AM

I just need to let my batteries recharge a little, i did have a real good shot of the tetra im still trying to figure out, but my camera deletes pictures on its own when it freezes so outta 12 pictures i got those 3

ladayen 07-24-2011 02:46 AM

My wife thinks the unknown tetra may be a lemon tetra.