Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   where to buy 100 gallons fish tank without stand? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/where-buy-100-gallons-fish-tank-75529/)

shonick 07-19-2011 08:40 PM

where to buy 100 gallons fish tank without stand?

I want to buy 100 gallons glass fish tank. Just a rectangle tank without stand.

Where can I buy it. I did some research but I only see the tank come with the stand.

Thank you

SeaHorse 07-19-2011 10:21 PM

Well where do you live? what city or state/province are you in? I am in Ontario and we can buy any size tank without a stand. It's just a replacement tank.
Have you contacted all the suppliers in your area?

shonick 07-20-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakiebabie (Post 742188)
Well where do you live? what city or state/province are you in? I am in Ontario and we can buy any size tank without a stand. It's just a replacement tank.
Have you contacted all the suppliers in your area?

I live in Silver Spring, Maryland. I haven't had a chance to go to local store. Just do some research on their website and google, and nothing come up without stand.

zof 07-20-2011 05:38 PM

Go into the local store and ask how much just for the 100 gallon, or how much to special order one, local stores are very flexible and will probably just sell you that one and order another one for the stand later.

SeaHorse 07-20-2011 11:06 PM

Yes I agree with Zof. Most stores including the big names only list sale items on their web sites, sometimes on the weekly flyer sales. Your request is/maybe a special order or they just might have them in the back area of their store or warehouse. Give them a call or go in and see them if you live close enough and can get there.
You know the way the economy is down there in the USA I don't think anyone will turn away any kind of business if they can find a way to keep product moving and make some money. JMO. Good luck.

tomncassie 07-26-2011 08:11 PM

I found a place online called glasscages.Now I have never ordered from them or heard anything about them.I was just looking around for a larger tamk myself but like the other guys said I talked to my local fish store and work something out with them.Good look.

brokenrules69 08-27-2011 08:21 AM

glass cages i found to be the best
Glasscages.com - Home

TexasTanker 09-05-2011 09:04 PM

I just put an ad on Craigslist for 110+ gallon tank with my requirements. Within 8 hours I had located the perfect tank and they even brought it to me. If you'd like to save some money, I'd start there. The way things are the first thing that goes are the hobbies.