Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Progress in the last month (picture heavy) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/progress-last-month-picture-heavy-74646/)

BarbH 07-08-2011 05:02 PM

Progress in the last month (picture heavy)

11 Attachment(s)
About a month ago I added some plants to my tank which has been set up for about 2 months now. Looking back at the pictures that I took when I first added the plants, to what it going on now, I find it amazing to see the amount of growth. My swords are bigger and looking fuller, they looked so skimpy when I first got them. My wistera is looking more bushy, I actually should probably do some pruning to help shape them some. Along with the fact that I had added some more plants about 2 weeks ago to help fill things in more. I have been using florish comprehensive about once a week, and added some root tabs near the swords when I noticed that holes were developing in some of the leaves. Enjoy and please feel free to comment :-D

jeaninel 07-08-2011 06:52 PM

Looks great! The plants are coming along nicely. Have you thought about adding a background? It would really give the tank a finished look.

Love your angels, by the way.
:-)

BarbH 07-08-2011 07:51 PM

Thanks :-D I've been amazed by the amount of growth in such a short amount of time. Looking forward to what it will look like in another month or two. I have been planning on getting a background, was thinking either black or dark blue, think I am leaning towards the black though. Hopefully pick something up in the next few weeks when I have a little bit of extra $$.

Chris07860 07-08-2011 07:55 PM

That's looking really nice

BarbH 07-08-2011 08:40 PM

Thanks Chris :-D

Chris07860 07-08-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 728426)
Thanks Chris :-D

You're welcome Barb, enjoy your weekend :-D

lionhead 07-08-2011 11:43 PM

Very nice, looks like everyone is happy....

sabianhunter 07-13-2011 02:09 PM

Your tank looks great! I didn't have a background in my tank either and just bought some black poster board and cut it to size until i can get a real background. Other than the poster board not being water-proof, it works great.

BarbH 07-13-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionhead (Post 728610)
Very nice, looks like everyone is happy....

Thank you, stil thinking about making some other changes, maybe will change substrate when I move in November, haven't made my mind up yet. Everyone is definitly happy and active, especially when they think it is time for me to give them more food :-D

BarbH 07-13-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabianhunter (Post 734234)
Your tank looks great! I didn't have a background in my tank either and just bought some black poster board and cut it to size until i can get a real background. Other than the poster board not being water-proof, it works great.

Thank you :-D I have also heard of people using black fleece fabric for background. Hoping to get a background for the tank this weekend.