Getting rid of yellow algae...
Ok, even though i have been doing this for a while now, i made a bit of a school boy error. In my 3.3g dwarf puffer tank i have been leaving the light on a little too long, and now have a fine coating of yellow algae on plants, rocks and gravel.
I've cut down on the light hours so hopefully there should be no more growing, but how do i get rid of the stuff that's in there now? obviously there is no space for any sort of biological solution (something tells me a plec might out grow a 3.3g...)
Can i just wipe it off in the tank, or will it re-settle on the surfaces? I was thinking, wipe off as much as i can, then do a bigish water change, repeat as needed...
Any suggestions greatly welcomed!
Wipe off any algae you see and do water changes. It will resurface the moment you leave the lights on for too long again.
LOL i was about to say get a snail, but puffers eat snails!! id just wipe if off and let the filter suck it up, probly do a water change too.
Whenever I have an algae problem or bacterial bloom, I use a product called Algone. It's all natural, no chemicals, and after a wipe down and a water change, add the Algone pouch to the filter. My water clears in a few days. Can only be purchased on line or at a LFS though.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.