Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   strangest day ever (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/strangest-day-ever-74064/)

alidawn15 07-02-2011 12:55 AM

strangest day ever

My boyfriend decided to surprise me and take me to replace our mystery snail who just died. I convinced him that we have a one snail tank for some reason and we came home with 3 male guppies. As I was cleaning the tank I just discovered a bb sized black mystery snail among all the pond snails. That pond snail is now hanging out in the quarantine tank with the guppies so I can make sure it gets food. The really weird thing is that I have been debating the possibility that my blue mystery was mated to death. I guess you never really know what's living in your tank.

Reece 08-11-2011 11:38 AM

Ha. Sometimes you'll find fish are missing too

alidawn15 08-13-2011 02:35 PM

What's your point?

ladayen 08-13-2011 03:58 PM

LOL I think he was meaning that sometimes fish will disappear, and you wont see them for a week or more. You'll rip the tank apart looking for it, search all over the floor. Be completly boggled as to what happened to it. Then it will just show up nonchalantly like nothing had happened.

alidawn15 08-13-2011 04:02 PM

Well unless this little snail was a hitchhiker on a adult I bought it's origins are still unknown. I'd much rather have that or a mystery plant instead of a crispy fish... I had enough of that after the tree frog my cats captured, injured and then hid in the house while we were asleep.

ladayen 08-13-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alidawn15 (Post 781629)
Well unless this little snail was a hitchhiker on a adult I bought it's origins are still unknown. I'd much rather have that or a mystery plant instead of a crispy fish... I had enough of that after the tree frog my cats captured, injured and then hid in the house while we were asleep.

Yuck

alidawn15 08-13-2011 04:05 PM

I found out what it was after I picked it up. That's exactly why the kitties live at home and the fish live with my boyfriend.

ladayen 08-13-2011 04:10 PM

Some people call me curiosity :P Just kidding but not terribly fond of cats. I tolerate the ones outside around here because they keep the mice away. Otherwise they're giant hairballs that poop.

alidawn15 08-13-2011 04:21 PM

I grew up with them from the age of 3 on so I have to disagree with you. My list of pets on my 20 years of life includes:

Cats--6 currently
Dogs-2 currently
Rabbits-1 currently
Hamster
Wild Birds including 1 rehabbed Kestrel the DNR released
Newt-caught in a rotted tree stump
Toads
Butterflies
A duck named Quackie who bit my 3 year old butt regularly and went on walks with us.
And the current wet pets.

ladayen 08-13-2011 04:30 PM

Heh.. I had a couple hamsters growing up. Both lived long past their life expectancy. had a dog for 14 years or so. Sister had a rabbit for a couple years. Now that I'm grown up and a family of my own, just gonna stick to fish :)