Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   hey!! Any interesting, wierd, funny, etc. fish stories out there?!TELL ME ABOUT 'EM(: (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hey-any-interesting-wierd-funny-etc-73619/)

Fishylover27 06-26-2011 09:30 PM

hey!! Any interesting, wierd, funny, etc. fish stories out there?!TELL ME ABOUT 'EM(:

Hey:-)I want to hear your fish stories!!! Hehehe heres mine............Okay, so I am currently in the middle of transitioning my african cichlids to a 60 G tank from a 35(temporary) G tank. Well, I was moving two of them to help the cycle, so I chose Sushi & Khalifa. I caught Khalifa right away, but something wierd happened......I removed all of the fake plants and other decor and Sushi was no where to be found:shock: It wouldn't have been so wierd, but i had seen Sushi this morning( she hides ALOT) Then, I went into panic mode! I looked all around the tank, inside her fav log(in EVERY CREVICE TOO)..but nothing changed. My Sushi was gone:cry: Then, suddenly I saw a yellow thing lying inside the log( Sushi is an Electric Yellow) SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I picked her up and put her into the tank and............................SHE SWAM!!!! I was literally ecstatic:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thats my fish story, I hope you enjoyed:-) TELL ME YOURS!!!!!!!!!:-)

crazy4fish 06-29-2011 09:32 AM

i have a pretty ironic fish story....

so when i got my very first fish tank i was only about 10 or 11. and the first fish i got were some guppies and white clouds. they were in a little tank probably about 15g. then one night we bought the movie Finding Nemo and we were watching it on the couch next to my fishtank. when the movie ended i went to feed the fish and 2 of the white clouds were missing :shock: we looked everywhere in the tank but couldnt find them. then at last we took the lid off the filter and looked inside and there they were! luckily they were fine and never got back into the filter again but we all thought it was funny that while watching Finding Nemo, where the fish go into the filter in order to escape the dentist, my fish got stuck in the filter too haha. well thats my fishie tale :-)

Jazander 06-29-2011 11:00 AM

I just moved my first betta into my 10 gallon. He lives with 3 corydoras and male guppy now. At first my red betta was really territorial and was always chasing the guppy away. But now he just lets my guppy follow him everywhere. Hes always right behind or beside or above my betta! This morning I woke up to find them playing in the current from my filter together! So cute!

Fishylover27 06-29-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazander (Post 716616)
I just moved my first betta into my 10 gallon. He lives with 3 corydoras and male guppy now. At first my red betta was really territorial and was always chasing the guppy away. But now he just lets my guppy follow him everywhere. Hes always right behind or beside or above my betta! This morning I woke up to find them playing in the current from my filter together! So cute!

AWWWWWWW!!!!! That sounds sooo cute! By the way could you put one guppy and one betta in the same tank together...... and maybe an african dwarf frog?? Thanks for your story:-):-)

Jazander 06-29-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishylover27 (Post 716692)
AWWWWWWW!!!!! That sounds sooo cute! By the way could you put one guppy and one betta in the same tank together...... and maybe an african dwarf frog?? Thanks for your story:-):-)

Ya I have one guppy, one betta, and one dwarf frog all in a 10 gallon. :lol:

redchigh 06-29-2011 04:17 PM

Be careful mixing guppies and bettas- sometimes the guppy will nip the betta's fins, and sometimes the betta will kill the guppy.

Fishylover27 06-29-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 716964)
Be careful mixing guppies and bettas- sometimes the guppy will nip the betta's fins, and sometimes the betta will kill the guppy.

Oh.....that sounds harsh...... I willl definetly look out for that.......I think my betta USA is pretty easy going though:-)

emma 06-29-2011 10:48 PM

The only funny story/sad story is I found out when I was like 7 that your not supposed to pet your goldfish:(

Fishylover27 07-01-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma (Post 717519)
the only funny story/sad story is i found out when i was like 7 that your not supposed to pet your goldfish:(

aww:-(

emma 07-04-2011 08:37 PM

lol. Thanks. It was pretty sad :(